Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Genuine or not

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi i was seeing this guy for a few wks he'd like my statuses on fb be quite attentive answer texts

Then he went cold stopped bothering as much and just went cold.

This guy has bipolar and does a lot of weed and m cat. Anyway I asked him on it had he said he wasn't 100 well as he's been off wrk with his illness and wasn't ready for a relationship. Fair enough so we saw each other couple more times asked when he was in one occassion and he sent me a message saying how he'd told me he wasn't ready to committ and that his reasoning was genuine. What's your view on it

Could he change his mind?!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    He could do one day if his only reason is that he cant commit, but try not to get hung up on him and wait around for him to suddenly be interested. Do your own thing and if/when he's ready he knows where to find you
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    He could do one day if his only reason is that he cant commit, but try not to get hung up on him and wait around for him to suddenly be interested. Do your own thing and if/when he's ready he knows where to find you

He was off for 2 mths with mental illness was interested then suddenly stopped!
    jacobs_gal wrote: »
    Hi i was seeing this guy for a few wks he'd like my statuses on fb

Marry him....
    When he's at the high end of his bi-polar he almost certainly will change his mind, he'll think he can handle anything. And then he'll crash.
    When he's at the high end of his bi-polar he almost certainly will change his mind, he'll think he can handle anything. And then he'll crash.

I'm not in the right mind frame. I told you this before & I don't want to lead you on!!

This was what I had off him tonight
    OK, as I see it there are two scenarios
    • he's trying to let you down gently - in which case you're out of luck
    • He's bipolar, and self aware enough to know he's not able to enter into a relationship at this time - in which case you are out of luck

Personally, I think it is the second of those two choices.
    I would strongly recommend you don't get involved with him, your issues lead me to think you have a snowballs chance in hell of handling a relationship with someone living with bipolar disorder.
    OK, as I see it there are two scenarios
    • he's trying to let you down gently - in which case you're out of luck
    • He's bipolar, and self aware enough to know he's not able to enter into a relationship at this time - in which case you l

Personally, I think it is the second of those two choices.
      I would strongly recommend you don't get involved with him, your issues lead me to think you have a snowballs chance in hell of handling a relationship with someone living with bipolar disorder.

Lol if it's the 2nd how is it defo out of luck he's just saying not right noe
    because it isn't the sort of thing that gets better over night.
    because it isn't the sort of thing that gets better over night.

Ok well his flatmate who has a thing for me has been arsy with md saying I was a hypocrite for saying that I lied bout I wasn't a heavy person - he asked me what was happening with me and his mate and I asked was I to believe him.

He turned up with why can't u see it's not going to happen
    Does everyone have a thing for you?
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    Does everyone have a thing for you?

No just this one seems to