Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help me change my style to be more attractive.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im fed up with how i look but i don't know what to change or how to change it to be better looking.

I don't follow fashion and i'd rather concentrate on my body/face than clothes to start with.

Heres a recent picture of me.

My hair is crap for many reasons, so any ideas of what i can do to be better looking? I can't really grow a proper beard so thats probably out of the question. Don't worry about being rude, as anything to tell me how to change is better than nothing right now :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't know, I don't see anything "wrong" with that.
    If you wanted to change your hair and you're a fan of the colour (it's pretty cool btw) a slightly shorter choppier messy look might be good. That might look cool.

But tbh I don't see anything wrong.
    Thanks but everyone else doesn't seem to agree. So much so I've even had a girl online go out of her way to say my hair is stupid. Like I said I never thought I was ugly but apparently I'm not attractive :(
    Surely it matters how you feel about and not anyone else. And that girl sounds like a shallow shithead!!
    Doesn't matter how I feel if no one else finds me attractive. I don't think I'm ugly but I feel I could do much better if I had someone to guide me a bit. I just feel quite average when I know a slight change could make me look better to girls. I know that sounds crappy but I feel at the mo I get passed over cos of my looks before someone even begins to see my personality.
    The hair is very studenty but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

But the picture itself weirds me out. Given the link, I assume it's the one on a dating profile? The reality tv contestant pose and the way you've been 'shopped onto that backdrop are a bit...odd, for want of a better word.

Again, not necessarily bad but a little bit peculiar.
    If a girl goes out of her way to say you have stupid hair, I doubt she's someone you'd want to date.

You do have a very specific style, so I suppose some people are bound to dislike it, but it expresses something about you and that's worth keeping, surely?

I like the hair, for what it's worth.
    Fairly natural shots are best for dating profiles.
    Got any examples of a natural shot? Sadly for me im not a natural when it comes to taking photos and having no friends mean its impossible for me to get natural ones at the moment.

I think i'll cut a lot of my hair off as i don't like it anymore, just don't know what sort of cut would suit me. I could do with a stylist to help tell me what to do cos i have no clue and hairdressers etc don't like to guide in case they're wrong.
    If you lived near by I'd do exactly that! Styling people is one of my favourite things to do. I'll have a look and post up some cuts I think would work.
    I like your hair but the colour could be a turn off for some. But at the same time it could be a turn on too! What I'm saying is coloured hair on a guy is going to be more polarising than non-coloured hair. But it's probably better to have some love it and some dislike it, than everyone not care either way, right?

I would experiment with different hair styles to see what accents your face shape. You seem to have a rounder face so the long fringe and the soft look to your hair basically deprives you of any edges. Try to encourage some 'harshness' into your hair and see how it looks?

I think you need to ditch the tee and opt for a shirt. I still do wear t shirts but I generally have no fashion sense. When I'm 'making an effort' I never wear much other than a shirt. For women, being different is key. For men, conforming is key. That doesn't mean that you can't try different things - but that you should focus on your broad mainstream fashion tips and getting them perfect before going too out there.

Also when taking the photo that's a whole other thing so have a look here: http://www.wikihow.com/Take-Flattering-Photos-of-Yourself

Also dating websites are often crap for self esteem to make you aware. They are not a cross section of society nor a reflection of the people you meet everyday, so as long as you know its more like a self-selected pseudo-dating exhibition and don't get your expectations up then you'll be dandy.
    Shirts and t-shirt combo works well on guys.
    Your hair is cool, and if you like it, keep it :) Personally, I think a slightly darker shade might suit you more as you seem to have quite a fair skin colour, and sometimes light/bright hair can make people with lighter skin shades look washed out. However that is just my opinion, I'm sure loads of people would totally disagree!

I agree with Miss_Riot that maybe having a shorter and messier hair cut would look awesome :) if you just google "men's hairstyles" or something, find one you like and take a print out of it into the hairdressers they'll cut it like that for you.

At the end of the day though you shouldn't feel like you have to change who you are and how you look for anyone else. If you do it, do it for you, and do it in a way you like. Don't do it to please other people. :thumb:
    I think you look pretty cool.

I think the red hair is pretty striking, that photo is obviously on a dating website so the red hair is probably going to be an instant turn on or turn off .

I don't think I'd have the guts to dye my hair red (plus I don't think it would suit me), so to me that shows confidence.