Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Think Positive Chat: Thursday 30th May, 7.30-9pm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey everyone :wave:

Are you experiencing symptoms of depression or anxiety? For example low moods, feeling tense, uncertain or fearful about things? This chat is a chance to work through what you already do or would be willing to try, to improve your mental health. Symptoms of depression and anxiety can be experienced by people from all walks of life, with a mental health condition or not.

On Thursday 30th May from 7.30-9pm normal support chat will be replaced by this session and there are 10 places available :)

Here's some feedback from the last one of these chats that we did last month:
“I thought the chat was really good, I did learn a lot from it, and I felt a lot more positive afterwards.”
"People were given time to think about what was being asked and there was no pressure to answer. It was a small group of people, it was easy to keep up and everyone had a chance to talk.”
“The questions asked were good and got you to try and think of small things you can do to think positive and look at situations in a different way.”
8744506046_7dccfa5f75_o.jpg

How will it work?
You'll spend an hour and a half exploring some of the positive things about yourself, how it would feel if the positive changes you would like happened, and the different ways you've managed to make even small amounts of progress.

The aim is to get a bit of a boost when it comes to dealing with your problems, gain a bit of fresh perspective on what you've done well, and think about some positive things that you don't always think about.

The mod (Matt) will keep things friendly and informal, asking some simple questions and allowing you to move at your own pace. You can ask if you don't understand a question, or just not answer it at all - whatever you feel comfortable with. You can also look forward to positive support from other people on the chat :)

We've made a decision not to publish the transcripts so everything that is said in the chat stays in the chat!

Who's Matt?
8663029778_de81f5485d_q.jpg
Matt is our expert and he’s coming back to host the chat. I'll be in there too :thumb:
Matt is a freelance digital marketer, communicator and trainer. He's worked at charities like ChildLine, Great Ormond Street Hospital and St John Ambulance. He's been training staff and volunteers from youth and community groups nationwide in a solution-focused approach for the last four years, helping them to focus on what's working and positive futures, rather than the problems they face. He also has experience on online services at Beatbullying and ChildLine, as well as helping charities with their web, email and social media communications.

Where do I sign up?
There are 10 places for this chat so you’ll need to sign up. If you don’t get a place we will invite you to come along and watch and then you can come to the next one - we'll be running them once a month. If you’re not sure about signing up you can PM me or reply to this thread with any questions :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Can you not sign up to be an observer this time?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
    Can you not sign up to be an observer this time?

Yes, there will be 5 places for observers too - PM me if you'd prefer this :)

Last time we found that observers ended up wanting to join in! so do go ahead and sign up for a place if you're interested :thumb:
    The only reasons why I wanna observe is to see it from another view cos I took part last time. It would be good see it from an observers view to see how others found the chat.

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Have signed up but not sure I got a place, shouldn't of left it so late.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    I wanted to join, But I'm busy thursdays:(.
    Have signed up but not sure I got a place, shouldn't of left it so late.

You did :) I have Pm'd you.

There are still a couple of places left folks so do sign up if you're interested!
    Thanks Jo :)

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    I just signed up - hope to get a place!!
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    What happens if a user is eaten by goblins and they've applied for the chat and can't come, due to the fact they live in the Goblins stomach now? Unless they chatted from inside of the Goblins stomach o.o
    Lol angel
    **Angel** wrote: »
    What happens if a user is eaten by goblins and they've applied for the chat and can't come, due to the fact they live in the Goblins stomach now? Unless they chatted from inside of the Goblins stomach o.o

Well, let me think :chin:

If you can still talk loud enough from in there then you're welcome to come. If you really can't make it then drop me a PM and let me know so that we can offer your place to someone else :thumb:
    I think we should have more then just 10 places
    I think ten places is good. Its slow paced letting everyone have a chance to talk and really benefit from the session. You could sign up to the next one Heather to get your place.