Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Online dating etiquette

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes I did! and it was great!

But we'll see where it goes...everyone seems to have heavy emotional baggage thats not dealt with.
    There's nothing wrong with internet dating, but it tends to be used by people who have more baggage than most. Hence why matchmaking friends, etc, haven't worked.

Occupational hazard of the internet. I say that having met my partner on OKCupid...
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    Well three major relationships that I've had all started with sex on the first date, but I don't want to cheapen it. Argh! Why is it so complicated! Why can't we just say "I like you as a person, I think you're hot, lets see how things go but right now I feel like I'm going to burst if I don't fuck you because you're so damn hot!"

Just say that then. Make it clear this doesn't mean a relationship straight away also doesn't mean you're just after a fuck.

I agree with you I see nothing wrong with sex on a first date but you just have to be careful about those who are only after one thing. I guess only you can make that judgment about somebody
    Everything was going ok, but I'm not sure it is anymore. He's asked to cut back on the sexual stuff, and he was very anxious all day today. We'll see what happens but he was telling me about his previous relationship which seems to have been fairly abusive. But that was over 6 months ago now.

I really don't know tbh!
    6 months isn't really much time to get over abuse for a lot of people. Or any relationship for that matter. I found this quite often when I online dated, I was sort of the 'testing the water' so they could see if they were over an ex or not date more often than not. Always decided they weren't. Just be careful x
    I think I need to be very blunt with him and ask him. I'm not sure if there is any other way.
    When ever I do online dating, I always talk to more than 1 person, more than 10 people even. That’s just how online dating operates. And I am pretty sure that they are doing the same thing.

I usually go to catholicmatch.com because i prefer a more religious atmosphere. If you are religious as well check out some more info about it here at http://www.freedatinghelper.com/reviews/catholic-match/

And on your bigot test, that the first time I heard of it. Nice idea. I might try it.
    I wish i could talk to even one person, let alone ten. I've sent out over 100 messages over the past week and not got a single reply. I've tried different tactics, detailed messages referencing their profile, short message, questions, no questions, copy and pastes etc. Everything and not a single reply :(