Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I have a poorly laptop.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My laptop battery broke a while ago, but then re-fixed itself, and now it seems to have broken again, and occasionally will turn itself of randomly, or crash and won't uncrash unless you re-start it, but today the internet on it has been awful, It'll be connected then it'll crash and say google chrome (since that's the browser i use) is having difficulty connecting to the internet" because of my anti virus blocking it, then about a minute later it works fine. the battery once I take it off charge lasts around 10 minutes before its completely dead, I don't have the receipt to take it back the the shops, because it was a gift, However it is a contract laptop, so in about 3/4 months, I get a new laptop.

Comments

• Options
    Hey Em, this sounds really annoying :banghead:

I'm afraid my laptop knowledge is minimal but one thing I do find helps is making sure I don't have loads of things installed I don't use like extra toolbars along the top and programs that automatically start up when you turn the lap top on - e.g Skype, spotify - you can set those to only come on when you want them. Having lots of things running in the background can slow it down.

Maybe there are some setting in your anti-virus software you can play with too?

Good to hear you get a new one in a few months at least! Maybe it's worth asking them how to keep the new one in tip top condish and let them know what has happened to this one :chin:

Any techy brains out there able to offer any more help??
  • Options
    Sounds a bit fucked. Not much you can do about the battery.

Www.iobit.com do a suite of software that works well, maybe worth a look?