Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Old photos

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My family thought it would be a good idea to go through old baby photos of me. While i laughed along with them, i couldn't help but think how a cute, innocent baby who everyone loved now feels so alone and messed up. I could never imagine a baby me growing up into the teenage i am. I don't know how to cope knowing that i've killed a sweet little girl with self harm and sad thoughts.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Heyy,

Sorry to hear that. Have u tried to speak to ur mum and dad how u are feeling.

Here some tips that might help u with self-harming

http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/selfharm

Hope this helps keep us posted
    Supportline
    http://www.supportline.org.uk/index.php

Mind
    http://www.mind.org.uk

I don't know weather ur intressted in have ago speakin to this
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey Charlie,

Sounds like looking at old photo's have bought up many unpleasant thoughts. But I guess we have to consider we're only really growing up when we're young, we don't actual notice what's going on around us, nor did we care much. I think when we're all born, were born innocent, because we haven't actually gone through anything, life has so much to offer whether it's good, or whether it's bad.

It sounds like you're going through quite a few difficult things, for example self harm and difficult thoughts, were here for you when you're ready to talk about them :) - It can be overwhelming seeing pictures of ourselves when we are young, however, you could do a pros and cons list to seeing the pictures, the beautiful memories, feeling happy, etc...?

Is self harm something you want to stop, Charlie?

Best wishes,
    Angel
    I don't know if i want to stop. I know i don't want to feel this way anymore but everything always ends up with self harm
    Sorry to hear that. Have u tried speaking to anyone about it
    I don't want them to feel guilty. I'm selfish because i don't tell them but it would be so cruel of me to shove this at them too
    Ur not selfish. U could try and write it down and pass it to them. U could tell them ur own time
    Hey Charlie_Mae

Heather's right here:
    Ur not selfish. U could try and write it down and pass it to them.

It's really hard to open up to our nearest and dearest when we're having problems - we don't want them to be affected by our issues - I'd say that's caring, not selfish.

I thought you might find our article about opening up to someone about self-harm useful - it explains how to build up the courage to tell someone and how to deal with different responses. I think the thing to remember is that it will probably come as a big shock to your family and they may react rashly at first - try to be prepared for this and to be patient. Often, these flash reactions are down to ignorance of the subject and the fact that they don't want their 'innocent baby' to be feeling this way.

Ultimately, though, having someone on board who you can confide in (and it doesn't have to be your parents) will help you, as dealing with this alone can be really isolating.

Keep posting *big hugs*
    Spanner