Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Positive distraction

*BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
I don't know where I should post this, so mods feel free to move.

It was suggested in chat last night to do something with lyrics, cos I have a think about posting lyrics in chat, and Helen said it could be a creative outlet for me. I am not really a creative person, but I enjoyed doing this. I have done one with quotes too. I know it's not that exciting but I wanted to share with ya'll.

vuudaUJ.jpg?1

PYlsdAo.jpg?1
" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
" So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
'' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Awesome, and lovely handwriting Claire :)

Going to move this into creative.
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Thanks Helen. Haha. My handwriting is horrible. I hate it

Cheers for the advice last night in chat btw. Although kind of only just done it, as I had a bad night.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Omg, I want to do something like this, can I like steal your idea? :P - I can spam my diary with Mindfulness XD
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've done this! and I did it before you :P
    Brilliant idea! I do this in my diary. I literally have 4 notebooks filled with just song lyrics, it's a great emotional outlet and distraction technique :)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
    Sure you can ShineySpoon <3
    Cool Em. Didnt realise you had done it. :)

Coolio Ellie :)

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
    Just came across this thread and remembered what a great idea this was, have you done anything else like this lately BananaMonkey?

Anyone else got any creative positive distractions that they want to share?
    :eek: I've never seen this thread before! What a good idea :)

I like to draw sometimes.. Is that a creative positive distraction? I mean I find it hard but I love to draw.

Shall I share some photos? If I can figure out how to... Helen had to explain to me how to share one from a website! Never shared one off my comp before..
    Nope not done anything like this before. I am just not a creative person. Wish I was but Im not. I can never stick with nothing. So if anyone has tips to stick with creative things that they wanna share. :-)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    HHvFE

Not sure if that's right, really bad at tech stuff..

Anyway, that's a few of my drawings. When I actually do draw I get lost in it so it's an amazing distraction :)

Yep, I know they're not the best but I don't care :) I just love to draw and paint.
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Here you go butterfly ;)

KQ70pzis.jpgLozk1dYs.jpgqTJHe7Ss.jpg6i78IIGs.jpgpHDuwp1s.jpg0UgoVSGs.jpg

(see the bigger versions here)
    Thanks JPick :)
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Finally, here's my quick 15 minute boredom thing -

1606369_610171252381488_1776688367_o.jpg
    I got creative with lyrics. This morning before work.

Attachment not found.

I got creative again.. Just trying to figure out how to upload it properly.
    Attachment not found.

Hey everyone,

Tonight we had a chat about positive thinking and I thought I would add some ideas to this thread about things that you could do/get involved with that could help pick your mood up, make you smile, keep you distracted etc etc...

Things that cropped up in chat tonight include:

- calm.com
    - stay alive app for your phone
    - http://www.llttf.com/
    - InHand App
    - http://apps.nhs.uk/app/moodkit-mood-improvement-tools/

These are just a few of the things that people find useful, positive distractions for us!

Are there any sites or apps or things in life that you find useful/keep you going through tougher times/pick you up from time to time? If so - please do feel free to share them here. Remember, no idea is a silly idea and one thing that works for one person, may not work for others, but is still worth sharing!!

Keep sharing, keep smiling :)
    :yes: good one Rach!

Sent by Sony Xperia