Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Private Advocacy work

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi there.

My partner has a large amount of money in a trust fund he is vunrable he doesn't understand money that well.

He see's a private pycholoyist who charges £90 an hour. The phycholyish's wife is also my partners private Advocacy we don't know how much she charges.

But in a month the invoice is £2000.

I was wondering should the husband and wife both be working with my partner?

And how much is private advococy cost?

Custard!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey there custard,
    Thanks for posting your query.
    It seems like you are worried about your partner and the service he is receiving from his psychologist and his wife. Are you worried your partner is being exploited? You mention he is vulnerable and doesn't understand money that well.

I am not sure about how much private advocacy should cost - I would imagine it depends on lots of things. Like what it's for, the complexity of the matter and how skilled the advocate is.

It might be worth finding out what exactly the psychologist helps your partner with and also what exactly the psychologist's wife helps him with. What is the advocacy for? You could simply ask them directly and just mention that you are looking out for your partner. Or you could ask your partner's GP to help you or even his social worker (if he has one).

If you are still concerned about your partner or if you're not getting the answers you need, you could post a question to askTheSite - http://www.thesite.org/community/askthesite/askaquestion

You could also approach social services (or your partner's social worker if he has one) and explain that you are worried about your partner who is vulnerable. They should be able to assist you, or at least point you in the right direction.

I hope this helps.
    :)