Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

idea for thesite sproglett meet

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just an idea but seeing as a few of us have popped out kids (or fertilised eggs).. how about a thesite meet with our mini-me's??

Obviously people who are good at entertaining children/babies are welcome *cough* fiend. And by doing so you agree to dispose of any of Baxter's nappy bombs..

It was just an idea to throw out there, maybe in a few months time when JsT-lette is bornded but then we get the tricky situation of the North/ South divide.. Anywho just an idea- would anyone else be up for it?

I'd personally love to meet some of my parenting gurus who have really helped me recently (again, for some but I was far too shy last time!!) :wave:

Comments

• Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    I'm good with children, look after them everyday at work!:) Entertaining children is my hobby! haha!:p
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    *Pops out a child*
  • Options
    Just realised I've been here 8 years and never been to a meet! However I am childless and hopeless with children, so I'll have to give this one a miss!
  • Options
    I love this thread. Mainly because when you all get to my age you will realise that going out is actually a good chance to *get away* from your kids.
  • Options
    I cant otherwise my boobs go hard. (best excuse ever?)
  • Options
    I am a professional auntie
  • Options
    Double post.
  • Options
    I can bring my puppy in his bumble bee outfit and pretend he's a baby if that counts? ;)

(or you know, pretend he's a giant bumble bee)
  • Options
    I'm leaving my lovely little ones next month :(
    However I am moving to London soon so I'd like to come to a child centred me
  • Options
    I like kids...once kids learn to talk they don't like me so much though!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Don't have a problem coming South to be honest, would obviously need to wait till the little one is at least a few months old.
  • Options
    I like the idea in theory, but distance is going to be an issue. Poke me if it's going to be Midlands upwards!
  • Options
    I suspect a few pokes is why this event is possible in the first place.
  • Options
    Maybe the Midlands would be a good compromise?

I've never been there though.. but if there's a direct train from London then I cant see it being too much of a hassle. Especially if I meet a fellow the-siter along the way. Also if we plan it way in advance (when hulby-baby is a few months old) the train tickets will be cheaper. Huzzah
  • Options
    There's always direct trains to the midlands from London. I hail from Nottingham and I can get down to London in 1.5-2 hours depending on the train.
  • Options
    Birmingham would be pretty easy for us