Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

A-Levels, Am I ready?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I've known throughout my time in secondary school I wanted to do my Alevels, I was so sure of it that when I had to resit my GCSEs (due to not actually sitting them in the first place) I was gutted that I had to wait another year before I could do them, I think I've wanted to do Alevels because then I can go to uni, and I've always wanted to go to uni for A) the fact the majority of people move cities and I really wanted to get out of that city. B) One step closer to my dream carer as a social worker.

However, when I finally got onto my Alevels, I had to leave because of mental health, Caring for my parents and bullying, then I ended up moving cities anyways *kerchinggggg* then i got my motivation in again to go back to college, I couldn't wait when I applied, I got my interview (which would be tomorrow). but I recently enrolled on the Prince's trust Fairbridge program and Its only a short program and its something to do until you go back into education or employment, However, Now I've lost all motivation to go and do my Alevels.

but I'm 18 now, If i wait any longer before doing them, I'll have to pay..and I can't do that. How do I motivate myself?. again.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sometimes you don't have motivation. You just do it because it needs to be done. You know you need them to do what you want to do with your life. So you'd better get yourself enrolled.
    What fiend says.

Also, now you just have to get a place. It's a while il you actually have to start studying for them.
    Just do it. No one ever achieved anything by not trying!
    Out of interest, would you consider a BTEC in something like health and social care? At the right level the grades you get would be equivalent to A Levels.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    ella! wrote: »
    Out of interest, would you consider a BTEC in something like health and social care? At the right level the grades you get would be equivalent to A Levels.

This :)

And it should give you more of an idea about what being a social worker entails. I know it probably isn't the easiest work experience to get, but have you thought about it? Might give you a chance to see if its for you, and if it is - then you might have more drive.

It was a BTEC health and social care,

my out-reach worker has rang the college up because I couldn't be there for my interveiw and asked them to change the date, so I'll just see what happens there I guess..