Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Low Mood + Self Harm = Unhappy Me!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,
I've seen a few of my friends recently go through a lot of self harm issues which they say is a vicious circle between low mood, self harm and being unhappy.

Can anyone advise?

FrogsandRainbows.X

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey FrogsandRainbows (cool name by the way) :thumb:

Firstly a big hello and welcome to the boards.

As your only new, have you managed to navigate around the site fully? There is a useful section regarding mental health with some great resources and advice that you might find worthwhile. The link follows.

http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth

You say that writing things down helps. Sometimes saying things out loud can be too daunting. Many people find it therapeutic to put their feelings down in words. The good thing about theSite is that we're a friendly bunch and you'll always find someone willing to listen to what your saying and offer some great advice.

Have a look at the link above and surf around the webpages. There are some great sections.

Keep in touch

Phil
    Thank-you Phil,
    I'll have a look and pass any relevant information on :)

FrogsandRainbows.X
    Mental health is just as valid and "normal" as your physical health - somedays you have a cold, or have a sore throat, some days you don't. Some days you may feel sad, others you won't. Mental health is something that affects every single person, so it's as normal as anything. Perhaps the term 'wellbeing' might sit better with you?

What's your hobby? Could you use that to give you direction in life?