Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

We're going on a Gove hunt

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Being a massive fan of the original book and not a great lover of Michael Gove, this made me laugh

Comments

• Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I found this very amusing to read :lol:
  • Options
    I'm not really the biggest fan of Gove and his attacks on the teaching profession, but there are some people within the profession who I'm convinced wouldn't be happy even if they were handed everything they wanted on a plate.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I work crazy hours, I have had a difficult class (with 4 autistic children, social care involved with 6 others, 3 children with no English, 2 seriously ill children) and that twat is telling me how to teach. If he thinks he can do it better I would gladly like to see him teach my class so that I can "do it properly". He has taken the creativity out of teaching and is segregating children who cannot sit and recite times tables over and over. He is bringing in performance related pay, which, ordinarily wouldn't be a bad thing but the current proposals are by subjective and what one headteacher deems satisfactory, another would find outstanding. There is no consistency.

I hate him. He is ruining teaching.
  • Options
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    I'm not really the biggest fan of Gove and his attacks on the teaching profession, but there are some people within the profession who I'm convinced wouldn't be happy even if they were handed everything they wanted on a plate.

I kind of agree.

It's a dual edged problem. I definitely think Gove is damaging the education sector. Absolutely.

At the same time I know what you mean about teaching on the whole. There is a certain element of chip on the shoulder. I mean honestly it's a mix because most teachers I know personally love the job and feel that although they'd like more money, it's not that bad - but it's always the faceless 'teacher' complaining about the hardest and most underpaid job in the world.

The problem is Gove is a master politician who can galvanise people against the profession by exploiting the whinging as symptomatic of a profession looking to only serve themselves rather than their students, which in my experience (of my friends who are teachers) is not the case. It's not a job you should do if you don't love it.

I'd anything then the profession calling him out is kind of playing into his hand. He can get the support by painting the teachers as the workshy afraid of any 'standards' who hide behind beaurocracy safe from competitive pressures. He doesn't even need to argue it himself.
  • Options
    The problem with Gove is that he's as thick as fuck, only looking as intelligent as he does because the rest of the Tory filth are even dimmer than he is. The man is an oily little shit.

The "profession" are not calling him out, the award-winning children's author Michael Rosen is. And most people will believe Rosen knows more about English than Gove does, given we all spend hours a night reading Rosen's stories to our children.

I hate Tories and I hate people who defend Tories.
  • Options
    it concerns me that Gove may end up as Prime Minister.