Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pregnancy scare !?!?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm sure some of you have seen my other post about my parent troubles.. but now, she's 3 or 4 days late for her period, and we're very worried. We can't get a test until Monday....

Obviously there has been alot of stress lately over the other situation. But what are the chances that she could be pregnant? I ALWAYS use protection and always check for splits or anything afterwards... help? Please...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Girls periods can be late for loads of reasons, including stress. If you've used protection the chance of her being pregnant are small.
    Why can't she get a test until monday?
    It sounds like the chance is very small indeed. Can you get an over-the-counter test before Monday? Even supermarket pharmacies sell them.

Stress is a big cause of changing periods, but they're a changeable beast anyway. Is she usually like clockwork?
    piccolo wrote: »
    It sounds like the chance is very small indeed. Can you get an over-the-counter test before Monday? Even supermarket pharmacies sell them.

The pound shop do them. As do savers, for 69p (always amuses me).
    We can't get anything sorted until Monday because she lives in a village, so nothing is really open nearby. That and she has family down all weekend so I can't see her and give her one, I'm really quite worried, we've been very careful and we're so young.
    Honestly, I wouldn't worry. The chance of her being pregnant are tiny, wait until monday and she'll do a test, if it is positive (which I doubt it will be) then there are options.
    If she decided to have an abortion, her parents wouldn't ever have to know. If she kept the baby, there would be support for her.
    But seriously, I wouldn't worry about it. There's no point stressing all weekend. A girls period can be late for so many reasons, and if she's still young they're probably still settling down anyway.
    Thanks for the help, I'll try not to worry but it is still in there. I'm against abortion, and I'd hate the idea of giving a baby up for adoption. But lets hope it doesn't come to that.
    It wouldn't be your decision, if she was pregnant you have no legal right to object to the abortion/adoption/her keeping the child. Just so you are aware. In the eyes of the law, it is 100% her decision.
    I've already spoke to her about it though and she wouldn't want to abort it either though, so as far as that I'm happy.
    Her feelings might change should she actually be pregnant. Just don't try and influence her decision.

Anyway, if you have used protection I highly doubt she is pregnant, so it's not worth thinking about at the moment.