Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Opinions on this dress?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey :wave:

It's my friends 19th birthday on Saturday and we're going in to town. Usually I don't wear dresses, but it's a really dressy-up affair. It's a joint party and another friend is wearing an £800 :eek: ball gown dress. So I rather impulsively bought this dress today and was wondering what you guys thought

http://www.clothingattesco.com/dresses/f+f-orchid-print-bandeau-maxi-dress/invt/bd313308/&bklist=icat,4,shop,catgwomens,womens-dresses

Also because my arms need to be covered, any ideas on what to wear over it (I don't want to be to hot!) I have a navy cotton blazer I could wear, it's not stiff like ordinary blazers so it's easy to move around in. But would it look okay with the dress?
Or I was thinking of wearing arm warmers, but they aren't very posh ones and may look a bit odd with the dress.

Opinions? :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That's lovely. It depends on what the weather's going to be like, a blazer would look good but might be too hot and cover too much of the dress. You could get a nice pashmina/shawl (you can get them pretty cheap) to just wear over your shoulders, or a shrug?
    have a nice time!

ps 800 quid dress? Hope she doesn't spill her drink all down it...:naughty:
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Elsie85 wrote: »
    That's lovely. It depends on what the weather's going to be like, a blazer would look good but might be too hot and cover too much of the dress. You could get a nice pashmina/shawl (you can get them pretty cheap) to just wear over your shoulders, or a shrug?
    have a nice time!

This! :yes: really pretty, good taste ;)
    Nice dress :) as for arm covering- I can't remember what they're called (some one help me out?) but you can get really thin cardigan type things that come to just under your boobs, with long sleeves. They don't have buttons or a zip or anything, they're left open. I've got a few, they're only ever £5 or so from the market or small clothes shops.

I hope someone knows what I mean, haven't explained it well at all!!
    Nice dress :) as for arm covering- I can't remember what they're called (some one help me out?) but you can get really thin cardigan type things that come to just under your boobs, with long sleeves. They don't have buttons or a zip or anything, they're left open. I've got a few, they're only ever £5 or so from the market or small clothes shops.

I hope someone knows what I mean, haven't explained it well at all!!

Bolero/shrug.
    Bolero/shrug.

Yes! :heart:

Ellie, if you google bolero you'll find some. There are some nice ones as well as cheapy ones :) I find them really good because they're normally quite thin, and go really well with dresses.
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Lovely dress :) Also with the Bolero/shrug/pashmina/blazer call - whatever you'll feel most comfortable in :)
    Nice dress but too expensive ...:(
    it's nice and I think the price is a little expensive.
    I know a site which sale nice and cheap dresses.
    it is this site,you can have a look