Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pet peeves and annoying habits

plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
Last week I spent the day at TheSite Towers getting to know some of the projects they're working on and helping out. They're currently working on a project with an organisation called OnePlusOne thats's about relationships. It got me thinking about about pet peeves in relationships.

Personally I hate drama and try to avoid all conflicts – but then what makes me really mad is when my other half won't accept she's wrong, nor accepts she wrongly guessed what I was going to do and why I'm not doing what she expects me to!

So, what are yours? Refusing to communicate? Second guessing the other person and making assumptions off that? Or not washing the bubbles off the washing up? What does your partner do that really winds you up?

Inext_p_lrel_3petpeeves.jpg

And more importantly... how do you overcome these really annoying habits?

6237414303_14c74db7ce_n.jpg

Some other things to think about...
Are these habits always a bad thing?
Do you love the drama and have it out in public wherever you are?
Or prefer to keep it quiet and deal with it when you’re both alone?
Is it a deal breaker or make you stronger?

This video has some ideas on how you can work it through:
Share your ideas!

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    My Mum was ranting about my Dad and little brother leaving the toilet seat up the other day and I was laughing because it honestly doesn't bother me. I chatted with her about perspective and saying that in the time wasted getting hot and bothered about it, she could have put the lid down and walked away from it... :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think if I chatted with my mum about perspective that would quickly become a source of tension in my house! ;)
  • Options
    My annoying habit is losing my temper when I lose at fifa. It's really silly that video games make me get angry.

My other half has no annoying habits, though I think she should bring me tea in bed more frequently. And stop stealing the duvet...
  • Options
    The guy I'm seeing smokes and his baccy is a particuarly stinky one. He get's a bit grumpy when I'm at his and I ask him to smoke out of the window because I hate the smell.

I live with 5 guys and they all leave the toilet seat up - which I don't mind until I find pee sprinkled all over it. You have an appendage you can aim with so bloody aim! And one or two leave the bathroom floor soaking wet after a shower. It's not hard to stand on the mat while you wrap up in a towel! I hate going in and getting my socks wet. And one of them makes that hocking noise like he's about to spit ALL.THE.TIME. It's really loud and it turns everyone's stomachs.
  • Options
    Spending money on things I would rather we didn't spend on...
  • Options
    My ex girlfriend was really ignorant and said she found politics boring.

She asked me which party was in power and who the prime minister was.

This was after I had explained it to her several times, as well as the dept I was working for and what austerity was.

We didn't last long after that... Ain't no point in dating somebody who doesn't listen to you.