Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bipolar and relationships

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
around feb last yr I had a ons with this guy and went put sep ways he'd been chasing me a long time. Well since oct he got bk in touch on fb started talking to me was wary of him and only in march dud I give him my no. We text each other every day and I popped round his nothing happenebut the next couple of times we did have sex.

Everything was fine then I didn't go down one wkend and since then he's been off with me not bein as responsive to texts despite me being up his a few more timed since then.

I'm worried he's gone off me as I do like him but feel something's not right so sent him a text and this was the rely I got

Look my head is very fragile atm. As you know I was very ill & am still not 100% efficiently working. My mind changes from one day to the next & I don't know what I want. The pressure of a relationship would not be top of the pops right now.

Well that's the reply I got from him as he's been off for 2 months with his bipolar do I believe him

Comments

• Options
    Hi Jacobs_gal,

I am sorry that things seem to be tough for you at the moment, it sounds like you are getting a few confusing signals.. However it does sound like the guy you have been seeing is feeling a bit confused himself and not sure on what he wants, it does seem like he is trying to be honest and open with you about being unwell at the moment and is not ready to start any kind of relationship.

It can be really difficult when you have feelings for someone and are not sure about how they feel back, it can be very emotionally consuming and is important that (as hard as it is!) to be realistic about things and try and take a step back.

I would maybe try speaking to him in a face to face situation as communicating by texts can sometimes be misconstrued. Please continue to post on The Site and let us know how things are going for you !

Take Care,
    B:thumb:
  • Options
    becky001 wrote: »
    Hi Jacobs_gal,

I am sorry that things seem to be tough for you at the moment, it sounds like you are getting a few confusing signals.. However it does sound like the guy you have been seeing is feeling a bit confused himself and not sure on what he wants, it does seem like he is trying to be honest and open with you about being unwell at the moment and is not ready to start any kind of relationship.

It can be really difficult when you have feelings for someone and are not sure about how they feel back, it can be very emotionally consuming and is important that (as hard as it is!) to be realistic about things and try and take a step back.

I would maybe try speaking to him in a face to face situation as communicating by texts can sometimes be misconstrued. Please continue to post on The Site and let us know how things are going for you !

Take Care,
    B:thumb:

Lol so what you reckon is he being genuine?
  • Options
    So yeah, what I said in your duplicate thread
    I think you should just take what he's said at face value. Bipolar is a difficult diagnosis it's hardly surprising that he needs some time to work it all out.
  • Options
    I agree with Fiend...

I have been recently diagnosed with bipolar and in low cycles, I can get weird things happen to my mind, paranoia and physically feel unable to talk to other people. It's only recently when I've been kind of Ok, as I think I've found the correct meds.

I had my first relationship at 27, as my moods were always unstable. Bipolar can be a lonely illness because you can't constantly be around for other people and it can almost feel like big chunks have been taken from your life.

I think he's being honest and you shoulf maybe take a step back, but if you're prepared to and wanna keep contact, let him know (in a non pushy way) you're yhere if he wants to talk/chill.