Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ground flaxseed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Heyy guys :wave:

Quick question- I'm making some cupcakes and they have 2 teaspoons of ground flaxseed in the recipe, but I couldn't find any in the shop... if I omit this ingredient is it going to be a problem??

Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    No - it just adds to the omega 3/6/9 content. If you want the texture use the same of ground almonds, otherwise don't worry.
  • Options
    Ahh thanks Miss Riot! I didn't know whether it was essential or not. I got given a recipe book of vegan cupcakes for my birthday, haven't heard of half the ingredients :lol:
  • Options
    You can buy ground flaxseed in Holland and Barrett (flaxseed = linseed incase you didn't know). Ground up it tastes like dust although I expect a small amount in a cake would be yummy. I've put the stuff in smoothies in the past. It's meant to be good for depression.
  • Options
    Ah thanks RG I'll have a look next time I go :) I went to waitrose and they didn't have any, but I go to Holland and Barret a lot anyway to get veggie burgers etc.
  • Options
    They have it in our Aldi at the mo!
  • Options
    We don't have an Aldi :( I like Aldi though so cheap!! And I can eat their ice cream cones, they normally have whey powder in :D
  • Options
    I get it from Asda or Tesco - but as "milled linseed" or "milled flaxseed"
  • Options
    I made them without and they turned out fine, thanks guys :)