Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

nightmares

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hello,

iv suffered with nightmares for 12 years now, and they are getting worse and more realistic. I can get up to 8 a night, and they are so draining, and i just dont sleep anymore, i sit up crying for hours or being really scared because of it. i also suffer from agoraphobia and have other mental health illness but the nightmares make my agoraphobia worse. iv been on sleeping pills and had therapy ect, but nothing really helps :crying:
(I was sexually abused thats why i get the nightmares).
I was just wondering if anyone else who has had nightmares had any tips on how to cope with them a bit better?

thanks

Comments

• Options
    Have you told your doctor about this or a mental health worker?.

Have you ever written a letter to whoever abused you and told them what you found/felt of what happened and how you are struggling now?. I know what sounds realy stupid. but my counsellor once told me to write a letter to my abuser, or write my thoughts down when I'm having flashbacks, I don't know how, but it helped a lot and I don't have them as much as I used to do. but i still struggle with them on a day to day basis.

I wrote a similar thread a few weeks ago and someone linked this website which I have found helpful

Here
  • Options
    yes my doctor and my mh worker both know.
    i keep a diary on a day to day basis, which has all my thoughts and feeling in, i always use to write down my dreams, iv havent dont that for awhile though. Iv thought about writing a letter to my abuser though, so i might try that and see how it goes, and i will also check out this website to.

thank you for you help :)