Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Eating Disorder: a confused me?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is going to sound like a really silly post, but don't know where to ask for help. I had stupidly ordered food in last night and ate loads given my eating disorder problems I don't actually think ahead but for the moment. So then I ate other things and vomited it all up and have the baddest stomach pains so going to see the doctor. I'm due to see the consultant psychiatrist who I'm under after three months next week for an appointment. I'm guessing I will have to tell her. I'm very disappointed that I did that but so now I feel awful, tired and have a headache. :yuck:
Should I be telling anyone or leaving it alone? Can I just let it be? :crazyeyes

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Sonia

So sorry to hear you're going through this.

I think talking with your therapist would certainly help - they're there to work for you and help you, so take advantage of that!

Having said that it is completely up to you who you tell and what you tell them.

It's common for people with eating disorders to feel ill sometimes - especially stomach pains, headaches or dizziness. Have you considered taking vitamin supplements daily? Along with a slice of toast with peanut butter?

The only reason I ask is that doing these two things can help with a lot of the physical problems whilst you work through the psychological and emotional side of things too.

It's completely your choice though.

I hope you are ok.

ShyBoy
    Hi Sonia :wave:

Just would like to say your post doesn't sound silly and that you are at the right place to talk about this :heart:

I agree with what Shyboy says talking to your therapist is the best thing and they are there to help you. They will know how to support you and give you the right advice. Like Shyboy said it is up to you if you want to talk to someone about your eating disorder but it may help you in the long run.

http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/eatingdisorders This is a link from our site which maybe useful for you. You are welcome to tell us about how you are and how you are feeling on the boards as we are here to listen and to give you as much advice as possible.

Let us know how you get on with your appointment :thumb:

purple_rain
    Thank you both for your kind words. I'm currently on a very long waiting list for therapy instead I get to see a doctor who reviews me and sends me for blood work or just helps by listening. I've only ever seen her once so far. I am going to meeting a liason worker at the appointment next week so I'm a little worried. I hope she is okay. Thanks for the links to thesite they are very useful to me. I've been having problems with eating for such a long time that I don't know what to do half the time.
    I am vitamin D,b12 and iron and folic acid deficient. I do take supplements
    Used to be on injections before but it was cut of because I had restored my levels. I am also currently taking slim fast which is supposed to work but also has vitamins to help me. Not ideal I know. I've had a heart monitor on me for 48hours before but it doesn't show anything. I do get the odd palpitations. Right now I am feeling lethargic and lightheaded. I'm caught up in a cycle I think but I know I can get better so I haven't lost all hope yet. I will ofcourse keep you updated on how my appointment goes.
    Thank you so much purple_rain and Shyboy :)