Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Any advice?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, i suffer from differnt mental health issues and for my things have been getting worse over the past week to two weeks and i have being trying to tell my GP how i am feeling and he is understanding, but im getting to a point now i dont know what to do? The other night i had police over and nearly ended up in hopstail again. Ive had 4 admissions to hosptail and they all were very horrible places and im worried that ill be put in an adult ward.

Please could someone help?

thanks
x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey holly,

Its really good you've managed to speak to your GP, what did he say? as he offered you support like therapy or medication?. Well done for reaching out to us, Has it helped a little and felt like you've got a bit of your chest?.

Sorry to hear about the police coming around, I know from past experience that's always hard and you want the world to swallow you up whole, am I right? has anything happened to trigger of your mental health problems, or has anything happened lately for you to be feeling like this?. It might help if you tell us as then we can support you and offer you more.

For now, I'd reccomend carrying on to reach out to us, your gp and whoever listens. Writting down in a book how your feeling and whats going on, it can helps you to not feel so alone sometimes, and helps you when you want to start therapy as they can read it, Don't see life as a whole, dont think ahhhhhh i dont know what to do tomorrow or something, take every minute as it happens, and focus on that, focus on an hour..rather then a month. Hope this helps

Take Care
    Hey,

thankyou so much for replying means a lot.

he doesnt really say much as i have a mental health team, im on medication and i am doing this emtions theropy group but its not really helping, its like i can engage in the sessions but i dont think to use the skills when im feeling low or sad or struggleing with bad thoughts. Ive tried to explain to them thats its not helping, it finsihes in 4 weeks, but its hard becuase everyone else in the group is saying how its working for them and im just sat there feeling bad for my self as its not helping me.

yes you are right, i just wanted the world to sawllow me up. im not really sure what triggered of my mental health issues, it all started 3 years ago( well thats when i got dianoged with depression) I had a bad childhood, with parents having a drink problem and voilnce between them. but lately things have got worse but im not really sure why, my mum told me she is moving away so im guessing that may play a part in how im feeling now. I also been disanoged with anorexia ( back in september) but had eatting problems for 4 years now. And have been feeling really bad about my self, thinking that im fat and wanting to be in control of something ( which is my weight) all i get from GP and mental health team is that i should not take laxtives or make my self sick, but i feel at the momment that im not ready to recover from my eatting disorder. i am scared about loseing that control.
    Its good you're attending a group therapy and you're engaging, but it doesn't sound like its right for you, Maybe you could ask your doctor or your mental health team if you can have one to one counselling, where the full hour is focused on you and you can talk about as much or as little as you need to, and you won't hear about other peoples problems. I think it could be really helpful for you.

Sorry to hear about you parents, have you read this article here and here about domestic violence, I know its always hard on children watching your parents fighting and arguing, have you ever told anyone about it?. I'm guessing they've split up now since you've mentioned your mum wants to move away, Where is she planning on moving too? if its far you could write and skype to her everyday if you wanted to.

How is your Eating Disorder right now?. I know I suffered with an Eating disorder for years before I was properly diagnosed you can contact http://www.b-eat.co.uk/ who specalise in young people with Eating disorders, they offer one to one chats or a group chats different nights of the week, which can be really helpful when you want to speak to someone trained in Eating Disorders.

Doctors will always say 'don't take unprescribed pills and that purging isn't good for you' because they want whats best for you, I'll agree its not good for you, but what I do know is you can only recover when you are ready when you get the wake up call and realise hang on, I need to change this. its likely that because you aren't getting enough nutrition that this could be affecting your moods, our brains are remarkable things, but don't give them enough and they can be your worst enemy..
    i dont think the group is right for me but noone is listening to me, there are only 4 weeks left of the course thank god. all they keep on saying is " that it could really help you" but i dont think it is at the mommnet. i think there is a huge waiting list for one to one counselling, i see my mental health nurse , but not very often.

yes my parents have split up, they did 3 years ago, i dont really have a good realationship with my mum tbh with you, but at the end of the day she is still my mum.

my eatting disorder right now is really not great, ive been refusing weigh ins each week for the past 2 months i think, and they on about signing me off work becuase they dont know my weight. okay thankyou ill take a look at that.

i understand its not good, but im stuck in doing it and it feels like i need to take them,becuase if i dont i feel so bad and gulity.
    Four weeks left isn't that long, if you can stick it out, if not would you be able to tell the person running it its not helpful? and you don't want to attend anymore?. Can I ask where your from? There might be something in your area where you can self refer to that has a shorter waiting list of say 3 weeks.

Have you ever sat down and spoke to your parents about how your childhood was?. Or written to your mum about how your feeling, how you feel about her moving away or something like that? You don't even have to give her the letter but sometimes it helps when you want to get your feelings out on paper, I know when I fell out with my mum I wrote a really long letter addressed to her about everything shes done wrong and everytime she could of helped me and didn't and how what shes done made me feel, and although she never read it nor ever would it helped to have the letter. its like a weight getting taken of your chest.
    I will try and talk to the person who runs it on tuesday and see what she says. im from winchester in hampshire.

No, i think thats sometihng that we wouldnt want to go into now. I like the idea about writtting letters but i wouldnt be able to give it to them, but i think im going to try and give that ago thankyou :)
    holly94 wrote: »
    my eatting disorder right now is really not great, ive been refusing weigh ins each week for the past 2 months i think, and they on about signing me off work becuase they dont know my weight. okay thankyou ill take a look at that.

as Emmalee mentioned, b-eat provides good support around eating disorders. I don't know if you've heard of Eating Disorders Support but that's another possibility if you wanted confidential advice. You mentioned living in Hampshire, TheSite.org has a local advice finder, which you can find here.

Having police turning up is horrible, I've been there and I know how much it sucks *hug* How is your relationship with your mental health nurse? Would you feel able to discuss having more contact with her, if possible?