Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What's the point?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have had the worst couple of years. Depression anxiety and murders in the family. I need some advice, I try to keep strong but I can't manage. I've also become a career for my dad. I'm only 16. Help :banghead:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Feebsdavis :wave:

First of all, a big welcome to TheSite and well done for being brave and posting a new thread. Just so you know, you can also use our introduce yourself forum to say hi to others on the boards.

I'm really sorry to hear about what's been going on for you, it must be incredibly hard to see family members murdered. Have you had any professional support to help you deal with what happened? If not, perhaps you could talk to your doctor or a teacher to see if you can get some kind of bereavement counselling?

You could also look at Cruse Bereavement Care, which lists bereavement services in your area, or call them on 0844 477 9400.

There are others on here who are, or have been, carers, as well as lots of people who are coping with depression and anxiety. If you feel able to, do tell us a bit more about your situation so they can help you out.

Also, I don't know if you've seen our chat sessions? We run a few different ones each week and many people find them really helpful and supportive - they're all listed here if you want to give them a go.

Do stick around and keep posting
    *hug*
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Just to add on to what Spanners said, you could also check out YoungCarers.Net Meeting other young carers who are in a similar situation and being able to talk reach out for support on looking after your father :)
    **Angel** wrote: »
    Just to add on to what Spanners said, you could also check out YoungCarers.Net Meeting other young carers who are in a similar situation and being able to talk reach out for support on looking after your father :)

This^. I was a carer for my dad since the age of six and I've been using ycnet for 2 years now, found them really helpful, you can talk about your problems your facing, say whats on your mind, or you can have a laugh, play games and chat with other youngcarers. :)
    Thank you. I'm just having a hard time coping. I have seen my doctor many times. Been on medication and had counselling. Nothing seems to be keeping me happy or sane.