Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Purpledhaze

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
You are AMAZING. :love:

You looked great on the marathon track and have worked so hard fundraising for YouthNet and Age UK. There's a cute pic of you on FB, but obviously won't share here.

Instead, here's one of fostress:

74207_361472597291619_1169260196_n.jpg

Was a great day - and also special props to Frankipanda for amusing me in the cheering zone at mile 11.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well done to all of thesite runners! :yippe: Seriously awesome, I couldn't even run down my road, let alone do a marathon!
    booooooooooooooooooooom
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Bravo YouthNet runners!
  • ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    Wow!
    Well done. xx
    Well done everyone!!
    Well done, PurpledHaze! I was proper gutted not to be running - were you the last one standing?
    Well done :thumb:
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Well done all of you :thumb:
    Awesomesauce, well done :D
    Awesome! :)
    Awww thanks guys :) yup I was the last one standing out of the thesite runners (except mods, obviously!)
    The first half went well... The second half I have never felt so much pain. My legs were (and still are) in agony. Every step was horrible but somehow I kept going! The AgeUK/youthnet cheering stations made a huge difference as did the rest of the crowds shouting my name and encouragement! Atmosphere=amazing!!!!
    I had a quick flick through fb photos but it was on my phone so the pictures were miniscule- will look on a computer later!
    Well done to all the other team run for it runners! We did rather well! :D
    Can I just say, Fostress is ridiculously photogenic... She looks better running a marathon than I do chilling with a BBQ...

We could have a new meme, Ridiculously Photogenic Mod, to go with Ridiculously Photogenic Guy

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkDExNUR5xfyqDoRRBY0dW725V0SvvQRf3caJ0_KUy8QaHNMKE
    Congratulations everyone!
    Well done! Thats a pretty awesome achievement!

I did put on twitter, if anyone fancies the challenge of pushing me around the course in a wheelchair then I'd be up for that (if they allow that?).
    Well done everyone! Especially purpledhaze - must have been tough going from a team to the last one standing, amazing that you stuck it out and finished *hug*
    Octi looks like he's enjoying himself :)
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    Well done! Thats a pretty awesome achievement!

I did put on twitter, if anyone fancies the challenge of pushing me around the course in a wheelchair then I'd be up for that (if they allow that?).

I don't think they do? At least I didn't see/hear of anyone doing that. You can take yourself round in a wheelchair though... get working on those arm muscles?! Some people were in standard wheelchairs (as opposed to the three wheeled ones you get specially designed for racing).
    I'd get tired too quick - I'd do a couple hundred meters and then need to sleep for a few hours!
    Yay, well done everyone that ran! :D
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    Can I just say, Fostress is ridiculously photogenic... She looks better running a marathon than I do chilling with a BBQ...

We could have a new meme, Ridiculously Photogenic Mod, to go with Ridiculously Photogenic Guy

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkDExNUR5xfyqDoRRBY0dW725V0SvvQRf3caJ0_KUy8QaHNMKE

This meme is hilarious. And thank you for your kind words Fiend. I think it's Octi that really makes the look tho ;)
    Well done youthnet :D way to go :) proud of u :D

whats the octupus called
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    The octopus cheated, getting a ride on someone else!
    Fostress wrote: »
    This meme is hilarious. And thank you for your kind words Fiend. I think it's Octi that really makes the look tho ;)

Hero. Fact.