Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Margaret Thatcher has died

12345679»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm sure Hitler had family and loved ones. And that comparison may not seem all that extreme to some of the families of miners who are still feeling the implications of Thatcherism today.

Personally I didn't celebrate her death but I can understand those that did. Esp with the huge funeral she had. It was like a big 'fuck you' to the lives she messed up.

Yup, fair enough for those that it affected. I'm talking about 19 year old middle class kids living in Devon. People like that singing 'ding dong the witch is dead' none of their business, show respect for the dead.
    As long as they are educated on what it is they are protesting about, then I dont see the problem.

After decimating industry in this country and turning it from a decent industrial society, to a completely consumerist society, which we are still suffering from, to then spending 10million on her funeral, and now another 15million is being spent on a museum dedicated to her, I really think more protest and less respect is in order.
    Whats there to respect. She doesnt give a fuck. Shes dead. The protest is an up yours to her legacy and her ideals.

Plus her family and fans can go fuck themselves
    Where has this £10m figure actually come from, because all I can see is guesses etc.

It might not be far off the actual cost, but how much of it is new expenditure? The extra police on duty earning over time would be extra, but the police who would have been on duty (as well as the armed forces) would surely have been paid regardless.
    the figures came from all the news reports mainly.

I dont have a copy of the receipt. It was the most expensive funeral in british history
    1997?

*cries*

I'm just pretending I didn't see the comment... *not old*
    I'm sure Hitler had family and loved ones. And that comparison may not seem all that extreme to some of the families of miners who are still feeling the implications of Thatcherism today.

It might seem a little extreme to some of the families of (the millions of) people who were imprisoned, tortured and executed by Hitler and his regime.
    Margaret's kids are Mark Thatcher- an arms dealer who attempted a military coup- and Carol Thatcher- a woman who thinks those darkies should start like being called golliwogs.

Or maybe we should look at her photogenic granddaughter; she is an evangelical Christian who wants to see abortion banned.

If they're the ones grieving then I don't really feel much need to show respect
    If they're the ones grieving then I don't really feel much need to show respect

Think of poor George
    osborne-crying.jpg
    I preferred the one of Dishface, grinning like the village idiot that he is.
    Kaff wrote: »
    It might seem a little extreme to some of the families of (the millions of) people who were imprisoned, tortured and executed by Hitler and his regime.

Its not about comparing who did the worst stuff. People can still be evil cunts, even if the things they did didnt involve actually killing people, especially if the people who they wholeheartedly supported were totally up for killing people

The comparison is that just because someones dead and have loved ones, it doesnt automatically mean they deserve respect.
    I see it has quietened down a bit in here now!

Sent from my whyayePad using Tapatalk