Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fat

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Looking for a way to get rid of some fat, particularly under my chin...and my stomach... haven't been eating much lately but seems to have made no difference, and I am very limited with the amount of exercise I can do (basically a 5 minute walk will exhaust me - have M.E & fibromyalgia, plus complete lack of motivation/ thoughts of suicide most days, blah blah blah)... keep seeing myself in photos, I look gross... and last time I was in hospital the psychiatrist said twice, that I had put on weight, whilst looking at my stomach... :( so yeah, any supplements that actually work/ little exercises/ miracle cures... please mention here. thanks.

Comments

• Options
    You can't spot reduce fat unfortunately.
  • Options
    I am in the same boat, so I know how you feel! You can do facial yoga to strengthen the muscles around your chin. That's may help.

I know exercise is a hugely emotive thing - because yeah some people seem to build up tolerance to it through physio but even then it's often not much and it can drop away after a flare up.

I've started using the kinetic - there are some games I can play sitting down and others if I'm feeling dizzy or weak when I'm playing then I can just pause and then sit down and rest for a while. It might be worth talking to a physio and getting an assessment to see what you can do. Even treading water for 5 mins is better than nothing! A friend of mine goes swimming, does one length and then just sits at the shallow end for a bit.