Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Margaret Thatcher has died

Comments

• Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family

Pankhurst wouldnt have bothered if she knew this is all it meant

shame she was a fucking nutcase
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Annaarrr!! wrote: »

wow, really?
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    wow, really?

Probably not, however she was a Conservative which in some posters eyes is probably worse (though to be fair she was also friends with Keir Hardie and an early member of the Fabian Society)
    Right-o then. Carry on everyone.
    There's nothing wrong with being conservative. It's being Conservative that is the issue, at least in modern times. Neo-liberalism is basically sociopathy.

I'm not disappointed at Clegg going with the Tories- he said he'd side with who got the most votes- I'm disappointed at his lack of political nouse. He's allowed Gidiot and Dishface to use him as the whipping boy when they need him more than he needs them. Unless he's plotting his revenge, I don't see why he's allowed himself to be bullied by a man who couldn't even beat Gordon Brown in an election.

I'm no leftie, I'm a traditional liberal. I'm angry Clegg allowed himself to be bullied by two moronic sociopaths. I thought he was more astute than that.

ohhhh kayyyy

*realises what we are dealing with here*

You do realise that shes dead and you hve just disrespected her?

:heart:

Sometimes I really love you.

<3

That Gandhi was a bit of a cunt too.

If I didn't love Piccolo, I'd marry you
    mwah!!

pankhurst or thatcher??
    Pankhurst lol. Nice detective work there SCC, thought I'd join in and see how y'all liked it considering you seem to bum her out so much. She did nothing for the suffragette movement btw, she didn't do much good at all so how you can seem to rate her above thatcher baffles me
    Given the way the people voted I'm glad the LibDems went into coalition with the Tories. They didn't have enough seats to get Labour in, and Labour weren't interested in a a coalition anyway. It's a shame - but not surprising - that LDs are so naive, and have been comprehensively outmanoeuvred by Cameron et al.

Had the Libdems not gone with the the Tories, they would have had to have got in bed with the religious nutcases from Northern Ireland. I don't think it's just because I'm gay that I *really* didn't want that to happen.

At the end of the day it's the people of this country to blame - the last time I checked more people said they would vote Conservative than any other party, and on top of that the poeple of this country voted to keep the electoral system that (usually) gives parties a majority of the seats with only a minority of the votes.

I'm also pleased that the LDs managed to get their Graduate Tax in, in all but name.
    I didn't vote LD though.
    Pankhurst lol. Nice detective work there SCC, thought I'd join in and see how y'all liked it considering you seem to bum her out so much. She did nothing for the suffragette movement btw, she didn't do much good at all so how you can seem to rate her above thatcher baffles me

In what way did she do nothing?
    Her militant tactics only scared people. Men thought they shouldn't have the vote because they were irrational so the suffragettes thought they'd be oh so clever and act irrationally by smashing up shops and windows and trying to blow shit up. The suffragists had more of an effect. But tbh it was the women pulling their fingers out and rallying together during the war to help while the men were away that got the vote, not the extremists
    Right. Except without her, there wouldn't have been any concept of giving woman the vote because of how they were in the war.

I bet you think Nelson Mandela is a fucknut as well don't you?
    The suffragettes split from the NUWSS that had already been established actually so that's bullshit. No he did a great deal for the country as president and whilst he was in prison
    yeah maybe they were just about to give women the vote anyway?

moron
    The suffragettes split from the NUWSS that had already been established actually so that's bullshit.

I'd suggest reading a little more history given that Pankhurst was at the forefront of women's rights, founding the Women's Franchise league some ten years before the NUWSS was even founded in 1897. It's also worth noting that the very first bill was written by her husband over 20 years earlier.

Whilst the NUWSS was very much a UK based entity, Pankhurst's influence was felt across the world spawning many "copycat" approaches most notably in the US.

Also worth noting that Pankhurst is recognised as one of the world's 100 most influential people of the 20th Century.
    yeah maybe they were just about to give women the vote anyway?

moron
    Well they weren't because there was more opposition due to their militant extremism.

Fucktard
    Loving this thread :)
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Loving this thread :)
    Same, until I remind myself that it's real life and not a comedy...
    Regardless of your opinion of her (I'm not exactly a fan), you have to respect the fact she has a grieving family.
    Annoys me how most of the people jumping on the 'ding dong the witch is dead' bandwagon are teenagers and people in their early twenties.
    If you didn't live through her time as PM, and if her decisions didn't directly effect you, then shut the fuck up and show some respect.
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Regardless of your opinion of her (I'm not exactly a fan), you have to respect the fact she has a grieving family.
    Annoys me how most of the people jumping on the 'ding dong the witch is dead' bandwagon are teenagers and people in their early twenties.
    If you didn't live through her time as PM, and if her decisions didn't directly effect you, then shut the fuck up and show some respect.

Right so, people who didn't live through things aren't allowed to be angry about them? So I'm not allowed to be angry about anything pre-1997? Yea, that really works. :rolleyes:
    I'm not saying you don't have the right to be angry about stuff that you didn't live through. As I said, I'm hardly Thatchers biggest fan and I'm only 24. I disagree with alot of what she did, but it didn't directly effect me, so I'll refrain from singing songs glorifying her death while her family and loved one's grieve.
    Right so, people who didn't live through things aren't allowed to be angry about them? So I'm not allowed to be angry about anything pre-1997? Yea, that really works. :rolleyes:

1997?

*cries*
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    I'm not saying you don't have the right to be angry about stuff that you didn't live through. As I said, I'm hardly Thatchers biggest fan and I'm only 24. I disagree with alot of what she did, but it didn't directly effect me, so I'll refrain from singing songs glorifying her death while her family and loved one's grieve.

I'm sure Hitler had family and loved ones. And that comparison may not seem all that extreme to some of the families of miners who are still feeling the implications of Thatcherism today.

Personally I didn't celebrate her death but I can understand those that did. Esp with the huge funeral she had. It was like a big 'fuck you' to the lives she messed up.