Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Getting over calling someone when I was drunk

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so I've liked this guy for the longest time and recently we started dating. One night we drank to a perfect night together.... until he had a friend C**k block and being under the influence exchanged word which lead to an argument with the guy I like. we stopped talking, so a few weeks later I just decided to text him and apologize. never got a response and took it pretty bad. so I went out with my friends and got extremely intoxicated beyond belief and presumed to calling him numerous times. I don't remember doing this and woke up the next morning extremely disgusted and ashamed of myself for making the biggest idiot outta myself. I can't believe I did that. now I know for sure there is no chance in hell this guy is even gonna wanna tlk to me and I'm just disappointed. I text him the following morning to apologize but obviously no response. how do I get over this. I really liked him and taking this hard, I know if I was him I wouldn't talk to me either. but it's honestly just eating me up inside that I had a good thing going. something I wanted and I f**ked it up to an extreme. I don't know where to begin on how to get let this.

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I don't think there is a lot you can do really except hope he eventually sees the funny side of it. Consider it a life lesson learnt and move on.

Hopefully a mod will split this off, the original topic is six years old.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi greenBow19,

It's understandable you feel low about this, as you contacted him being vulnerable and didn't get any reaction back. Drink dialing doesn't usually have the best consequences...but you are human after all!! These things happen and you were obviously unsettled by how it ended and perhaps needed some closure.

Just to point out that he didn't to reply to your message before the drunken incident:
    we stopped talking, so a few weeks later I just decided to text him and apologize. never got a response and took it pretty bad

which means the drink dialing probably didn't trigger his silence, as he was distant before that.

Try not to be too hard on yourself :( It seems like he wasn't really worth fighting for if he couldn't initially reply to your kind apology (twice!) *hug*