Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Benefits and Mental Health

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So recently I was discharged by my psychiatrist I am on Escitlopram 20mg and was under him for reviews. Now that's not happening I wanted to know of I would still be eligible for benefit as I still suffer from anxiety and depression but my GP monitoring me instead. I know ESA and DLA only work when you have someone looking over your treatment.

Comments

• Options
    I get DLA and at the time I applied for it the only support I was getting was regular (i.e. monthly) medication appointments with my GP. I think as long as you tell them there's been a change in circumstances you should be alright on that front. Not an expert though.
  • Options
    Sonia1 wrote: »
    So recently I was discharged by my psychiatrist I am on Escitlopram 20mg and was under him for reviews. Now that's not happening I wanted to know of I would still be eligible for benefit as I still suffer from anxiety and depression but my GP monitoring me instead. I know ESA and DLA only work when you have someone looking over your treatment.

Your GP monitering you can be enough to qualify for these benefits, you don't necessarily have to be under someone else.
  • Options
    ^^ I would of thought so

Obviously you need to be ill and they would need proof of this, but you wouldn't need to under a consultant all the time.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Obviously you need to be ill and they would need proof of this, but you wouldn't need to under a consultant all the time.

:yes: My evidence has always been provided by a GP
  • Options
    Hi
    Just an update. Today I received a letter after 3 whole months about my claim to benefit. I have been placed in the support group.