Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Advice?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
(first post, be nice please?)

I'm 17 and I'm seeing this really nice guy (my age) for a few months now, but Ive recently started talking to my ex again (who is 20, and broke up with me cause he felt too uncomfortable because of my age and said maybe if I was a year or two older it would be fine) so we got talking and ended up staying over cause work was closer to his house and one thing led to another.. I've slept with him a few times now and I would break up with my current boyfriend in a heartbeat but I have a fear of being alone and I know my ex wont be with me for at least a few years, and by then he probably would have moved on. And I feel bad on my current guy cause its unfair on him and I feel like I'm neglecting him which is terrible cause he's so nice.

It seems simple, I know, stop talking to my ex and it'll be over, but there's a reason I'm writing this at 3 in the morning, It's driving me insane. I know he likes me so I can't keep away from him like I know I should.

Any advice will help, thank you.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Your ex seems quite happy to sleep with you despite your age but doesn't want you as a girlfriend because you're too young? Sounds like a dick to be fair
    Yea, doesnt sound like he actually likes you, just likes having sex with you
    I know that it sounds like that, and it probely is, even if he doesn't like me in that way , he likes being around me and I guess I've accepted that's all I'm going to get from him , I also fail to mention he has that thing where is front part of his brain (where emotions are)isn't as developed (not disabled) but he can't feel emotion as well as normal people so I take that into account too
    Why accept that thats all you're going to get? Why accept thats all you should get? You deserve to be with someone who want you for you, not someone who only likes you a bit and only wants you when he fancies a shag, and yes you can get it.

and also the brain emotion thing is no excuse
    Never saw it from that perspective, thank you this helps a lot
    :)
    if his emotions are undeveloped then thats a huge problem. Youre not obliged to be with someone who will NEVER be able to give you what you deserve. You need to break away from him, and maybe learning to be ok with being single might be a good plan, because its better to be single than in a bad relattionship, or especially caught between 2 bad relationshops
    You have to decide for yourself if you are OK with the fact to sleep with your ex and not to have a real relationship with him. You are right it's not fair to your current boyfriend and I think that you have to stay with him anyway because he found in you something special which your ex didn't. So really stop the communication with your ex. It's for the best!