Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Intro

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi I'm Alex23 and Im a student. I've been self-harming for a while and I want to stop. Please help.

Comments

• Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    Hello :wave:
    We can try!
  • Options
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hello Alex,

Welcome to TheSite.org, you've come to a great place to reach out for support, well done, as Heather suggested, if you are looking for more focussed support due to your self harm, post in the Health and Wellbeing forum, you are likely to get more replies that way, and are likely to get the correct audience of people viewing the post.

Stopping self harm isn't the easiest thing, but it's great to see you are eager to stuff :) - Have you reached out to anyone else about your self harm? For example your GP? From personal experiences I know confiding in someone can also be very difficult, but it's worth checking TheSite.org's article on Confiding in someone...

You can also check out TheSite.org's 'Coping tops and distractions' article and another further article on 'Dealing with urges' - 2 very useful articles, that are worth taking a look at,

Do keep us updated on how things are going for you,
    Best wishes,
    Angel
  • Options
    The problem with self harming is utopian can be horribly addictive and it's easy to get into the cycle of doing it whenever you are down ans things are exceptionally tough. I used to self harm a lot and by and large the three things that helped me were talking to friends and family, counselling and later on anti-depressants. You need to think which is the best route for you. I'd certainly recommend trying to get it out in the open if you haven't already, and if you're not confident enough to talk to friends and family yet and have been covering it up, my best advice would be visit your gp as you can confide in them and either set out a plan of medication or get an urgent referral for psychological support. I hope this helps :-)
  • Options
    Welcome to thesite :)