Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Film Club April Nominations: Comedy!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hello everyone, film club nominations for April are.... OPEN!

The theme is comedy, the format for nominations are

Film Title (Cert)

Film Trailer as a video embed or URL link

Synopsis:

Reason for nominating:

As always, two films will win, of which only one can be an 18cert. Nominations close on Monday 8th for voting to begin.
Go Go GO!!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Was wondering what Film Club is and what happens???
    Hello, Film Club is an open event that runs monthly. Each month is given a theme, this month's is Comedy Films. We have had in the past, Christmas, Revenge and LBGT films.

The month starts with a week of nominations, you nominate in the format I've outlined in my first post.
    Film Title (Cert)

Synopsis:

Reason for nominating:

Then after a week I open a poll and everyone votes for the two films they want to watch. In the last week of the month a discussion thread will be opened and on the last wednesday of the month we have an online chat to talk about them.

Any other questions?
    The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (15)

Synopsis: Tick, a drag queen on the Sydney scene, invites Bernadette and Adam to join him to perform their drag act at a hotel in Alice Springs. On the road across the Aussie desert in their "budget Barbie camper", they run into no end of trouble.

Reason for nominating: I love this film. Could watch it forever. Abba and bitchy one-liners, what's not to like?
    No thats fine i'll nominate one later, when ive got more time. Thanks for the reply

alex x x
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    Hello everyone, film club nominations for April are.... OPEN!

The theme is comedy, the format for nominations are

Film Title (Cert)

Synopsis:

Reason for nominating:

As always, two films will win, of which only one can be an 18cert. Nominations close on Monday 8th for voting to begin.
    Go Go GO!!!

paul(2011)

Two sci-fi geeks take a pilgrimage to America's UFO heartland. While there, they accidentally meet an alien who brings them on an insane road trip that alters their universe forever. For the past 60 years, an alien named Paul (voiced by Seth Rogen) has been hanging out at a top-secret military base. When he discovers he's been taken prisoner, the space-traveling smart ass decides to escape the compound and hop on the first vehicle out of town - a rented RV containing Earthlings Graeme Willy (Simon Pegg) and Clive Gollings (Nick Frost). Chased by federal agents and the fanatical father of a young woman that they accidentally kidnap, Graeme and Clive hatch a fumbling escape plan to return Paul to his mother ship. And as two nerds struggle to help, one little green man might just take his fellow outcasts from misfits to intergalactic heroes. Written by Universal Pictures
    trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdHUQtnJsyQ

reason forr nomination:

good acting, especially by simon peg. good plot, and their is something for everyone- some commedy, some romance, and some action
    And Paul is a 15

We're off to a cracking start.
    *bump*
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Withnail & I

The finest film known to humanity.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT5qhPoRS9g&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]
    Weekender Offender 
    And "Withnail & I" is another cert 15. I have never seen it, but I have often felt I should.
    Our first 18 Cert. It got 11% on rotten tomatoes!
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    Our first 18 Cert. It got 11% on rotten tomatoes!

I think it's also in the 100 worst rated films on IMDB. It's fucking awesome.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Freddy Got Fingered is fucking quality.
    Weekender Offender 
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Skive wrote: »

:yes: Indeed - RIP Richard Griffiths.

It's a must see Fiendster! :)
    Withnail and I is awesome.

I nominate In Bruge and Burn After Reading. On.phone but will add other details later
    Title: Zombieland
    Release Date: 2 October 2009
    Genre: Comedy | Horror
    Cast: Bill Murray, Abigail Breslin, Woody Harrelson, Emma Stone
    Director: Ruben Fleischer
    Writers: Rhett Reese, Paul Wernick
    Studio: Sony Pictures

After America is ravaged by a zombie plague, a lone band of survivors fights the living dead while they cross the nation from coast to coast. They stop in an amusement park, where they believe they will be safe.
    I nominate little miss sunshine because its a good film, although with some slightly dark humour.
    Wild Hogs (12)

A group of suburban biker wannabes looking for adventure hit the open road, but get more than they bargained for when they encounter a New Mexico gang called the Del Fuegos.
    AnchorMan (15)

Synopsis: Ron Burgundy is San Diego's top rated newsman in the male dominated broadcasting of the 1970's, but that's all about to change when a new female employee with ambition to burn arrives in his office.

Reason: Because it's amazeballs
    Nominations are now closed.
    Voting is now open