Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

a question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi, I think ive been having some mental health issues lately ( about 3 weeks) off and on, Im not quite sure what is wrong with me and i have always slightly questioned my sanity but just put it in the back of my mind until recently. I have alot of strange things going on but some days i feel like it has gone away then it comes back. I feel like i need to see a dr but have work tomorrow and also i dont want to ruin my sisters trip she is suppose to go on tomorrow, Do you think ill be ok until monday? thank you for your help

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi ambooger

Welcome to TheSite boards :wave: I hope you like it here!

I'm sorry to hear that you're worried about your mental health, it can be really scary when you're questioning how you feel. It's definitely a good idea to make an appointment with your GP for the earliest opportunity you can - they will be able to talk through how you're feeling and advise on whether you need any treatment.

Try not to worry that there's a bank holiday in-between - there's a lot you can do to help yourself in the meantime. Coming on here was a good idea to start with :)

Have you seen the information sections here on TheSite? We have loads of useful factsheets and articles that might help you understand mental health a bit better - here are some links for you:

Depression

Anxiety and stress

Treatments

If you feel you need to speak to someone soon then there are some great mental health helplines that you can call to get advice, support and information:

Sane - tel: 0845 767 8000 - they are open every day from 6-11pm and offer good support.

Mind - this is more of an information line but they are very knowledgeable about mental health if you are looking for info. Tel: 0300 123 3393

And, if you're feeling very low and even suicidal, then Samaritans will always be there to listen - there are lots of ways to get in touch, listed here.

You've done a really brave thing to come on here and ask about this- I hope you manage to talk to the doctor next week... let us know how things go. And keep posting here this weekend, it is sometimes quieter at weekends, but there's usually someone around to talk to *hug*
    thank you for writing bad im scared im going to have a total melt down soon, i feel very low today like im a huge burden on everyone around me and i make life difficult
    Hi ambooger, how are you doing today? It sounds like a tough weekend. Do you think you might be able to see the GP this week?

As spanner says we're glad you've found us :) This is a safe place to talk about what's on your mind. I'm wondering what makes you feel that you're a burden to everyone?

*hug*