Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Easter memories

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
I'm much more of an Easter bunny than a Christmas lover - I like the fact we have a long weekend without the same pressures and of course the choccie :love:

I'm also very much looking forward to our quiz tomorrow night :thumb:

What are your top five easter memories... Mine are:

1. Getting loads of eggs as a child because my Dad's family is BIG, but then I also recall eating smarties easter eggs on the way home from birmingham where my Grandma lived and feeling unwell for most of the way...:sour:

2. Going to Bournemouth for most Easter holidays and either staying with a school friend in her family's caravan site or going to country parks.

3. One year my boyfriends Dog snuck into his bedroom and ate all our easter eggs - including the foil - there were about 12 of them :eek2: We were pretty worried about him (he was a hyper boxer) but nothing really bad happened - we just had to watch for foil in his poo for a few days. :lol:

4. My Mum's easter cake - I love marzipan and she makes it with LOADS layered on. Also had fresh hot cross buns from the bakery yesterday - way better than supermarket ones.

5. One of the my favourite memories of all time. My sister ran away with the fun fair one Easter weekend. We had to call the police to get her back. True story.

What are your top 5 things to remember at Easter time? What kind of things cheer you up at this time of year?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've only got one stand out memory. When I was about 7 I discovered that my parents hide Easter eggs in the top draw of their chest of drawers. Said chest of drawers was a lot bigger than me and I had the great idea of climbing the lower down drawers to reach the eggs. However, it didn't quite go to plan, it toppled over and squashed me so only my head was visible. Everyone else found it hilarious. I didn't, mainly because the eggs smashed so I didn't get any that year.
  • Options
    I don't have many memories. I remember one year we took my younger sister on a easter egg hunt, that she loved, we then came home and made easter nests and ate chocolate and watched movies. :)

I also like the fact that we have a long weekend, and the easter quiz tomorrow (which I will come too, but will prob not answer anything right, it moves to fast for me)
  • Options
    I don't have many Easter memories. I just remember eating too much chocolate and feeling really ill.
  • Options
    top 5 easter memories:

1. always forgetting to reset my clocks, so for weeks after easter i'd think it was an hour earlier than it actually was... caused a lot of confusion (this year i've actually set them)

2. getting lots of easter eggs (still do!). i've currently got 4 this year, and i hear i'm getting some more this afternoon, so...

3. watching an easter movie- usually a family film that's on ITV or something

4. all the theme park adverts (because it's this time of year they usually open)

5. having like 5 packs of mini egs a day. lol. used to love them
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    lady emily wrote: »
    1. always forgetting to reset my clocks, so for weeks after easter i'd think it was an hour earlier than it actually was... caused a lot of confusion (this year i've actually set them)
    Thanks for reminding me. :o

In my mind Easter memories are mixed with Spring memories, so I basically remember looking at the colourful flowers in the garden and the caterpillars and butterflies. Also that we used to go to a specific hotel every year for Easter, and that was the only time I ever got to swim in a pool.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Never been much fussed with Easter or Chocolate. Apreciate the extra days off tho.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    i'd quite like to run away with the fun fair! :chin:

mine is.. my mum hiding easter eggs in the garden, she always put them in the nooks and crannies in the big cherry tree.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    lady emily wrote: »
    top 5 easter memories:

5. having like 5 packs of mini egs a day. lol. used to love them

Still love them! I can't think of any actual easter movies, but do love watching a film on bank holiday - last night was Once Upon A Time in The West - epic one. :)
  • Options
    My cousins and I go and stay in little village where our grandparents have a cottage, where we've been going for years. When we were younger we used to take part in the village Easter egg hunt where all the children would gather in someone's garden. There's also a Easter bonnet competition so we'd make hats with chicks and rabbits etc.

*cough* I don't still do this *cough*