Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Itchy wool

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is there anything you can use/do to make wool less itchy. I'm allergic/sensitive to wool, though probably it's lanolin as that make me itch too. Leigh bought me a nice cardy but it's 28% wool and as soon as I put it on I was itching.

I've washed it in the wool cycle at 40% with persil non bio and fairy softener but it didn't make any difference. Is there some old wivesey thing I can do like soaking in bi-carb or getting virgins to wee on it at midnight with a full moon ? Note : I live in Birmingham, virgins are scarce.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Woolite might help otherwise there's this awesome special wool detergent called euclan.
    i dont think there is, apart from wearing layers underneath it
    I agree with Suzy. I have sensitive skin and have never found anything that helps with the red and itchy effect wool gives me :( if it is a cardi then it should be ok over other tops anyway and you could always roll the sleeves up if wearing a t shirt under it?
    Tired it over tops, long sleeve but still itches round the wrist and the neck. Bugger. Someone on my bingo site suggested woolite, in a blue bottle but Sainsburys' only has a big pink one. Thanks for the suggestions :)
    could you try wearing it over a full body latex catsuit?
    when did you go in my wardrobe ? it's a bit tight on me now :)
    Distilled vinegar. works a treat :)