Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

hello

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i am sara i have a problem i used to self harm i am worried that i am going to go back to it could anyone help me

Comments

• Options
    Hello, did you have treatment or help for the issues that caused you to self harm?
  • Options
    hello sarah!

if you'd like to (you don't have to) but perhaps tell us what caused the issue to begin with?

it's entirely optional... it's just nice to have understanding of people and why they do something

as for things to stop you from self harming, have you heard of something called the butterfly project

the idea is to draw a butterfly on your arm, and name it after a loved one, or someone that cares about you and wants you to get better

if you cut, you kill the butterfly. it does not work for everyone, but it's a little insentive to make someone stop
  • Options
    Heyy,

sorry to hear that u self-harm :( have a hug *hug*

have u spoken to anyone like ur GP ir famliey or freinds about it.

here a link u might find useful.
    http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/selfharm

hopes this helps :)
  • Options
    no i have a counsollor that all i help myself really
  • Options
    i try but i they wont help me i am see a counsolllor thought my college but mostly help myself
  • Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    selfharm1 wrote: »
    i am sara i have a problem i used to self harm i am worried that i am going to go back to it could anyone help me

Well there is a lot of help out there, you have to find the right kind of help for you. Mine was my college counselor, talking about my feelings really helped, and when I felt the urges a few years later I went back to her and had EMDR treatment. It was a big help. But we are all different so get as much information and advice as possible, and don't worry if some doesn't work try as many as you need to find the right help.

As for worrying about self harming again, just remember that if you do you're not the only one. ;) We all slip up from time to time.