Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Had enough, Family problems.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't even know where I start with this or how to word it, but no matter how I word it I'm still going to sound all pathetic and stupid. But its a big deal to me.

Me and my mum have never had a good relationship its always been on and of, at one point is was so bad that social services had to get mediation people involved to try and "Improve" our relationship, which..didn't help or work, but we talked to each other a little more, and we could go a whole 2 days without yelling at each other. and I've been a youngcarer for my dad since I was 6 so we usually have had an okay relationship I love him to bits and I used to think he thoughts the same but latley he's been off with me.

Then on friday last week, I was at my parents house and my brother started being all..horrible towards me and hitting me, and then my parents both joined in being horrible, then eventually my mum turned around and told me how she hated me and she never wants to see me again, I looked at my dad who went "Yeah, you're nothing but scum, We no longer want anything to do with you anymore".

Although that I have a lot of siblings, they really are the only family I have, and now...I don't even have them, I'm all alone..In my room in the hostel, being all depressed alone and hurting, I miss my dad like crazy but he doesn't want anything to do with me, I can't even ring them because they've changed their numbers, I can't just turn up at their house, and I daren't even go down to their end of the city. I'm just feeling alone, I've had enough and I can't take anymore shit anymore.

I just feel alone :( Why does my brother..get to do the horrible stuff he did...and get away with it and I'm the one who's puished, I've had many phone calls saying its my fault and I deserved what happened, and then I've had the horrible phone calls where my mum screams down the phone to me and says how she wishes half the time that I'm my dead brother...

Comments

• Options
    I don't really know what to say. I'm sorry this is happening. The only consolation, which isn't much, is that as someone dies their personality changes. So what your dad said, it wasn't really him.
  • Options
    but my brother died...18 years ago...So..*shrugs*
  • Options
    What do you mean? I was talking about what your dad said to you etc.

I can't help with your mum or your remaining brother. But, were you involved in any way with his death? Was it just chance or something?
  • Options
    I'm confused
  • Options
    How did your brother die? Was it an accident that could have taken either, or both of you or similar situatuon?
  • Options
    He was premature and had a whole lot of problems wrong with him,...he just..didn't make it
  • Options
    Before you were born? After? Twins?
  • Options
    Before...Its the reason mum had me, to make up for their loss..
  • Options
    Right, so they've got this "perfect" child in their head, who they replaced with you. It makes no difference that give or take you would have been the same person. You, emily, could never be as good and he would have been. IN THEIR HEADS. I think you're cool though.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    Right, so they've got this "perfect" child in their head, who they replaced with you. It makes no difference that give or take you would have been the same person. You, emily, could never be as good and he would have been. IN THEIR HEADS. I think you're cool though.

Aye, this is pretty well-documented but I can't find an accessible source (all restricted access journals, grrr).

If you can try and believe that it's their problem - because it is - maybe that will help you get through this. I hope so.
  • Options
    I guess..no matter what happens, I'll never be good enough..
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Emmalee wrote: »
    I guess..no matter what happens, I'll never be good enough..
    You're not good enough for people who want you to be someone else.
    You're more than good enough for others who want you to be you.
  • Options

Yes, Yes, Yes.
  • Options
    Texted my auntie to see if I can have nicole for a few hours tomorrow as she helps cheer me up when I'm feeling down, also gives her chance to go out and do what she wants...Without having to pay for a babysitter, Her response "No. Your mums told me not to speak to you again. Bye Em"...

Yep...feel hated on more here...
  • Options
    Texted my auntie to see if I can have nicole for a few hours tomorrow as she helps cheer me up when I'm feeling down, also gives her chance to go out and do what she wants...Without having to pay for a babysitter, Her response "No. Your mums told me not to speak to you again. Bye Em"...

That's horrible Em *hug*
  • Options

That's brutal.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster

Another yes, yes, yes from me. Em, I'm so sorry you got that text from your aunt, you deserve so much better.
  • Options
    is there a logical reason they don't want to tell to you ever again or...? sounds horrible :(
  • Options
    I'm sorry I can't help or anything, but I'm honestly almost crying reading all this. That's just awful, I can't believe how horrible it'd feel to have something like that happen to you. :( Even though I can't do anything about it, you can have lots and lots of hugs. *hug* *hug* *hug*
  • Options
    I'm the outcast in my family...the one who's always breaking the family apart. the fucking stupid one...

Maybe if I was dead then everyone would be able to live happily ever after..
  • Options
    I want my mum :crying: I don't know why,I've never wanted her. After all I'm "Dead to her" and I'm a horrible disgrace and whatever else she called me. I've never wanted her in the past, Never needed her. Now I live in Bristol, she lives in Hull....why do I suddenly want her...
  • Options

That's a good comment :o