Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Connexions :/

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I was supposed to have a home visit from Connexions again tommorow but my mum thinks its such a rubbish idea. She won't let Dave who is my Connexions advisor or the receptionist who's coming with him accompanying for health and safety attend. I don't know what to do. He's coming to break the ice recently I haven't been able to go out and since being discharged from the psychiatrist for reviews and being left to find my own way im finding it very isolating and depressive. I don't actually feel like doing much because things are so blergh! I won't let it break me but its quite annoying that I can't do much these days. I have so much to discuss with them in terms of benefits, uni and volunteering.
Sorry if this goes in another section just thought I'd share this as its stopping me from doing anything at the moment.:crying:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Does your mu have any reasons for not letting them in?

Could you meet them somewherevelse?
    Connextions there to help u :D if u want to go then go. its what best for u
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey Sonia,
    Really sorry to hear about this, it's really, really frustrating for you.

Has David spoken to your mum on the phone at all?

Helen
    Hey Helen
    Sorry only just seen this. Thank you for your message.
    Nope my mum thinks that everything I do even claiming benefits is wrong. It's gone by so quickly but I haven't seen Dave for a year this march. In fact the last time I saw him was 26th March. I have today emailed Becky who sorts out his appointments to see if I can book one. My mums problem is that she brings me down when I look to her for support she tells me that maybe I don't need it and its all in my head. :/
    Cool AV Sonia :)

Your mum sounds exactly how my mum has been with me in the past, not so much the benefits part but the whole accessing support, and her thinking it is in my head. I think you should still stand your ground with accessing support cos you need it, and you deserve it. <3

I am always here for you, y'know that right?
    Thanks Claire- love your AV too! :)
    I agree. Whenever a mention of getting support pops up my mum seems to have an issue about why I should get it. It's supposed to be the first step in getting better etc. I think she feels I am making things up to get attention when that certainly isn't the
    matter. I hope things are ok for you to. Thank you. I'm here for you too :) xx
    Thanks yep I love my monkey av :)

Yeah that's the same with my mum, but I figure I am 24 so I don't have to talk to her about anything, hurt me when I figured that out that I can't even speak to her.
    And yes getting support is the first step to getting help, but it sounds to me like your mum may be struggling to understand why you need that support which is such a shame.
    Making things up for attention is stupid cos I know your not doing that, and your mum should know that too, she should be supporting you, not making you feel worse. (Sorry if that sounds harsh)
    Yeah things are good with me at the minute, aww thank you. Excited to see you, hopefully the time goes really fast, London here I come.
    It's amazing what you can do with your mum not knowing, like can you arrange to meet him somewhere else, and meet with another family member? Just a suggestion.