Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Update

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well, it's been 6 days since i've come out as a girl:)

i have told a few of my closet friends and they have been very surported:)

but there is a problem, My girlfriend dosen't know yet, and i don't know if i should wait after valentines day, or wait a few weeks after a trip to Berlin (which is in a mouth's time)

WHAT SHOULD I DO :banghead:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you told everyone else before your own girlfriend?
    not everyone, my parent''s don't know

I'm glad at the moment
    glad it went well
    for now, yes
    Hi Jester21

Well done for having the courage to open up to your friends. I'm glad it went well and that they're accepting of it, you must feel like a big weight has been lifted from your mind.

How well does your girlfriend know the friends that you've told? I'm asking because it would be a horrible way for her to find out about this from someone else - she deserves to hear it from you first. Also, she may feel upset if she knows that you've told lots of other people before her.

Only you can decide when is the right time to tell her, but she needs to know eventually, so waiting is just holding off the inevitable.

Good luck, whatever you decide
    Spanner
    well, it's hard but i am going to tell her personly, all my friends that i have told are keeping this secret for now, but i will tell her
    if shes not the first person that you confide in, is there any special reason shes your girlfriend>? im a bit confused
    it's complicated to explain at the moment
    Update

I'm going shopping with a few friends to see what girly stuff we can find. let you know how it goes :hyper:
    Jester, we love to know what's going on. But you don't have to post a brand new thread every time.
    Hi Jester
    I'm glad you've decided to tell her - it's the respectful thing to do.
    Also, just to say that the more details you can give other users about your situation, the more they are able to help. It can be frustrating when people are trying to offer you help but they only have half the story. Of course, I'm not suggesting you tell us stuff that is personal if you don't want to, but just to bear in mind that others may feel more inclined to help if you can tell them a little more.
    :)
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Will merge this with the other thread - that way Jester can update us in one place. Do keep us posted! :)
    thanks and will do, i finally told my girlfriend and she was call with it :yippe: *hug*

This i think is me all over, still good song, and a good band
    Good news

i finally told my girlfriend and she was cool with it:yippe:

do i now wait and tell my parents later on or tell them now, i don't know really :nervous:
    Hi Jester 21,

Congrats on telling your girlfriend and her being supportive :yes:

It's completely up to you whether you are ready to tell your parents yet or not. There is a small possibility they might hear it from someone else, which isn't ideal, however at the end of the day it's your choice and it's important to do this at your own pace.

Do let us know how you get on, good luck *hug*
    thanks, i will do :)
    Dose anyone know of transgender (m-f prefered) who can talk me though how to talk to parents about coming out please.
    Hi Jester

It's great that you're thinking this through so well before telling your parents, hopefully if you approach it right they'll be understanding.

Have you heard of the Beaumont Society? They have lots of advice for people who are transgender or cross-dress, including a useful resource page for young people.

I've also found this guide by Chrysalis on how to tell your family you're transgender - it might help to read it through. I hope it's helpful.

Good luck, let us know how it goes :)
    Thank you so so much for all of your support.
    15 days since i cam out as a girl

well today was hard.

First my dad had to take me down to his work place which was full of army men doing there usually thing. :no:

Then i went into town and into the clothes shops just to look at what i can wear, the hard part was that i couldn't bare telling my dad this:crying:

it's going to be so so hard to tell them that i'm a girl on the inside and i just need every support and a few hugs just to keep me going.

thank you :blush::crying:
    I have now told half of my fellow piers, the rest will be either tomorrow, thursday or friday.

I was so nervous when i did, but i came out, that's the main thing
    Well now i have told my other friends, and they accepted me, get in

Now i can wait and tell my parents in a few mouths time, there is however 2 new problems
    I'm glad to hear it's gone so well so far. What are the problems?
    1. is basically trying to hide it from my parents and teachers.

2. there is a boy who has been in my dreams for 4 days now, the weird things is i was still a boy and we were doing naughty stuff
    Help

I'm really depressed now, my ex is giving me shit about doing something that i shouldn't do because she's done it:crying:.

Then she said i should of told her right away, but i was so scared too, and that now i should tell my parents. :banghead::nervous::crying:

I feel really shit at the moment. I just really need a hug and reasurents that everything is going to be ok.
    Hi Jester 21,

Sorry you're feeling so down *hug*

It's great that you have told many of your friends and they all support you!

You say your ex is upset with you about something you shouldn't have done? Is this something you can discuss with her and sort out?
    Hopefully she can understand that it was hard to tell her (or anyone) straight away and that the important thing is how you feel about it now.

It's completely up to you when you feel ready to tell your family, try not to let anyone make you feel pressured into rushing it :yes:
    aww, thanks

To be fair we both have done something that i don't want to discuss it on here
    aww, thanks

To be fair we both have done something that i don't want to discuss it on here:eek2:
    well, i'm now going to tell my mum, she me luck