Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Am i being boring?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My friends all like to get drunk and high pretty much whenever they want , yet I really don't! They aren't forcing me to but I am becoming the 'boring' one , I don't know whether I should just give in an have some fun - you only live once don't you ? :/ Or I could risk losing them...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you don't wanna do it, don't do it. It's totally your decision. Some people enjoy drugs and drink, some don't.. it's all personal preference.
    But i could lose them as friends , i don't want to be known as the 'boring' one :/ :grump:
    They aren't really friends if they'll only hang out with you if you do drugs... I do a lot of drugs, but I still have friends who don't do them, I'd never class them as the boring one.
    Thank you :chin:
    Is there anything you are interested in? Like, if you're into reading then join a book club, etc. Might be a good way to meet new people if you're "friends" don't want to hang out with you because you don't want to get wasted.
    Thank you :D

I'm looking into youth clubs at the moment , sure i'll find something . Thank you x:yippe:
    No worries :) Don't ever feel like you have to do something to please someone else, or to fit in with a group. Be yourself, and you'll find friends who like you for you.
    I used to hang around with a lot of wasters (me included) and one 'boring' person. I liked her much more than I liked the rest of them cos she was so much less self absorbed than us.
    Thank you so much , feel so much better now :P x
    Hope everything's going alright :thumb:
    You should do whatever you feel good. You they are really your friend , they will never leave you .:shocking:
    Hi Enya
    The others have given you some spot-on advice, but I just wanted to let you know that we have some good articles about this topic that might be helpful for you read:

Drugs and peer pressure

Drugs aren't compulsory

:)
    They aren't really friends if they'll only hang out with you if you do drugs... I do a lot of drugs, but I still have friends who don't do them, I'd never class them as the boring one.

:yes: So true.

I used to do loads of drugs with my "friends". When I stopped I was seen as the boring one. I have new friends now. And they're way better than the "friends" I had that now make excuses not to come to every party we invite them to.....if they even bother to reply to the invite.
    In the end its up to you, i am prob a bit boring compared to me 'mates' cos they all go out and do all that stuff, where as i don't. But everyone has their reasons y'know like i had issues with addiction and looking after people with them and to be honest telling them to do one was the best thing ever. If people only like you if you're doing what they want then in the end they wont give one or be decent friends, better off out.
    if you really don't wanna do it...then don't. or you could always just try it, most people do at some point so the chances are you will eventually and if you simply don't enjoy it, at least you'll be less easy to define as the 'boring one'...