Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Space Cakes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone out there have much experience of making space cakes?

I bought some nice white widow weed and some zero zero hash over in holland at the weekend. Since I bought quite a lot, I thought I would make some space-cakes for myself and a friend. I bought one of those ready-made muffin mix things, you know, an egg, some water, bit of oil and bung in the oven type thing..so prepared all that and then put in about say 5 joints worth of zero-zero and maybe slightly less of the weed, cos I prefer to smoke it.

Anyway, the cakes turned out fine made about 8 in all and we ate 4 each, even tasted slightly of the weed, only problem was the effects weren't overly impressive. My friend got quite stoned I think, but she doesn't smoke at all, were as I just had quite a nice relaxed evening but wouldn't say I was overly stoned.

Anyway, now to the question, I heard eating intensifies the effects, so I am assuming I just did not put enough in?

Any pointers on making good space cakes out there. what should the normal dosage be?

Cheers for any help you can give!

Comments

• Options
    Could Be cause you used solids?

I made bud space cakes and we all got FUCKED
  • Options
    Perhaps... I did put in more zero zero than white widow, but I made sure I crumbled it up pretty fine into the mixture:confused:

oh well I am travelling back up to Holland this weekend, will just buy some more weed and try it again.

I can't bring myself to waste all that good white widow on a cooking experiment that might go wrong!!
  • Options
    In order to get the best effects you need to firstly combine the solids/weed with a fat or alcohol of some description. Full fat butter works the best and can be used in almost ANY receipe. Making cannabutter is very simple to make and if done properly it will blow your mind away and slowly turn you into a drooling mess. Alternatively, full fat milk can be used as well and both the cannabutter and cannamilk can be used in the receipe when needed. Go to www.yahooka.com for further info on receipes as I can't be bothered to outline each process....Hope that helps.
  • Options
    i have never actualy heard of anyone making cakes with grass!
    resin yes. how big is the cake? how many people eating it?
    if five people eat five joints worth ...well you aint gonna be falling over are you! it is stronger when eaten. no waste sticking to the wallpaper either. thing is if your smoking all the time anyway a five spliff cake isn't going to do very much ...unless you have the whole cake to yourself.
    trouble with some people, they want their cake and eat it too ...did that ever make any fucking sense to you educated people?
  • Options
    Originally posted by White Rabbit
    In order to get the best effects you need to firstly combine the solids/weed with a fat or alcohol of some description. Full fat butter works the best and can be used in almost ANY receipe. Making cannabutter is very simple to make and if done properly it will blow your mind away and slowly turn you into a drooling mess. Alternatively, full fat milk can be used as well and both the cannabutter and cannamilk can be used in the receipe when needed. Go to www.yahooka.com for further info on receipes as I can't be bothered to outline each process....Hope that helps.
    all this combining it is bollox. you heat up your resin and crumble it into the mix and cook the fucking thing.
  • Options
    When ever I've made them I've just got one of those brownie mixes, mixed it up and the crumbled about 2g of good hash, that'd do two people.
    Does anyone know the temp at which THC breaks down, could this have been the problem, you need a higher temp for a cake compared to a brownie dont you? I doubt this could be the whole problem though.
  • Options
    all this combining it is bollox. you heat up your resin and crumble it into the mix and cook the fucking thing.

If so, why bother cooking at all? Why not just much it raw? I'm telling you, making a cannabutter preparation will take your weed a long way and will be three times stronger than just randomly chucking it in. On the heat side of things, the cannabis will heat up but the THC will dissolve in the fat without escaping (had you not prepared the cannabutter) and thus would lower the average THC content per cake...it may even be the case that you end up burning it all away and not get any effect at all.
  • Options
    To add further to the benefits of using fats such as butter. Cannabis loves fat so much and is absorbed by it so easily that as you know, cannabis stores itself into fat cells in the body for over a month hence why it still shows up on drugs tests even weeks after taking it.
  • Options
    Could you give us a source or a chemistry based explaination of how it becomes three times stronger when disolved in fat?
  • Options
    sorry to drag up an old thread

Hi everyone,

Sorry to dig up this old thread, I was just searching about making hash cakes and I found this thread.
    I just wanted to clarify as it seems there was some confusion in this thread.
    Firstly, it is very important that you cook your hash/buds/or even dope leaves with the butter, as mentioned earlier the THC in the weed 'sticks' to the fat molecule, if you just crumple your hash or weed into the cake mix, you will get little or no effect. I am a chef by trade so i'll explain the best way to make a dope butter.
    Firstly you need to clarify your butter, which means separating the milk solids from the butter, to do this the best way is to put it into a plastic container and microwave it until it is all melted and you can see the clear butter. Now you need to skim of any white stuff at the top, (this is important because it will burn later while cooking the butter) and you also need to pour your clear yellow butter into your cooking pot, but be careful not to put in any of the white liquid at the bottom - these are your milk solids, they will also burn later if not removed now.
    So, now you should have in your pot, 'clarified butter' we chefs use this to make all kinds of things like hollandaise sauce, the best part about clarified butter is that it won't burn, as opposed to regular butter which will burn if cooked too long in a pan. Now you are going to add your hash, weed, or dope leaves to the butter and bring it to a boil, then reduce the flame and let it sit at a low simmer (only just ticking over)
    Now, here is a point of interest, some people will say that the dope butter only needs to cook for no more than 20 minutes for the THC to properly infuse with the butter. And on the other hand some people say that you can cook it for hours as long as it doesn't burn (which it won't now because you are using clarified butter). I have tried both methods and I didn't get much results with the 20 minute method. But I did get really F***ing POTENT results from cooking it for hours and letting it properly infuse.
    The last time I did this I used just leaves from the plant, I got them from a friend who normally just threw it all away when he harvested his plants, so I used it and cooked it up, my god was it strong. I was stoned for a few days, and I was smoking daily since 4 years at the time so I had quite a high tolerance. But then after the few days of being stoned wore off, I was really dumb for a few days too, in all I was useless for about a week - I almost lost my job! I had to go tell my boss to bear with me, and it would pass, I had to explain to him that I ate some dope cake and it was really strong and thats why I was useless, He laughed and said "Why didn't you tell me that earlier? I thought there was something seriously wrong with you! Hahaha!" I was lucky my boss was cool.
    So, back to the butter, now you have let your butter cook for hours and it smells really strong, (and so does your kitchen - and whole house for that matter) now you are going to pass it through a strainer while pushing on the weed in the strainer to ring it out to get out all of the butter.
    THIS is your dope butter, you will use this in any cake recipe with a high butter content, and you will get excellent results. I have a small batch of brownies just coming out of the oven now. This lot I made from hash (I'm living in France so hash is really easy to get hold of being so close to North Africa)

The chemical explanation to weed being stronger when cooked is that you are able to extract 100% of the THC and infuse it with your fat (butter in our case) as opposed to smoking it where a lot of the TCH is lost in the air through your smoke. This is why some really strong dope butter can be made from dope leaves, but if you were to smoke the leaves they would do basically nothing to you...

I hope this helps clear up the confusion, and sorry again to dig up this old thread :wave:
  • Options
    Just to point out that you are clearing up confusion from nearly 10 years ago and its likely a lot of the posters have moved on.
  • Options
    Haha yeah I noticed that too, 10 years is a long time!
    No what I meant by clear up the confusion, was for people like me that stumbled across the thread, not the original people who posted in this thread :)