Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What i learnt today.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, did you learn anything today

Me (well actually last week but forgot to start this thread) - An Agora was/is an open air meeting place in Greece hence Agoraphobia

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You can use honey as a natural remedy for milia and lemon juice is good for acne scars and ginger juice is good for getting an even skin pigmentation. All, that for reading natural remedies for good skin. :)
    I can actually produce a somewhat coherent presentation to experts in the field and students. And they seemed to find it interesting. And that my storage heater is shit and broke again 3 months after it got fixed
    If you throw a broken phone...in the sink, it just makes it more broken
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    In C++, using for(;;) for an endless loop instead of while(true) is better because the compiler won't throw a warning.

...sorry, I can't think of something else I learned yesterday.
    More stuff about how funding works in the british film industry and that american film studios can use its flawed system to get tax relief over here.
    Also that i hate people asking me what im going to be doing with my career and where i want to work and i always feel pressured to come up with some amazing idea or job proposal when actually i havent got a fucking clue
    That two inches of snow cancels ALL the trains :impissed:
    Scrap my last post. Failed the presentation by 2 marks. Got an email saying what a shambles it was and no positives at all. Feel so shit now - and if I did crap on last weeks too then that's potentially 60% of the module failed so unless my write up is amazing (I have 10 days) then I'm screwed and will fail the module :crying:
    Don't complain about a binman pissing on your drive or he'll shit on it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-21760387

What a vile example of a human being.
    I learnt today that "how are you?" is a very difficult to answer first thing in the morning.
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Don't complain about a binman pissing on your drive or he'll shit on it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-21760387

What a vile example of a human being.

But where in that report does it say he actually shit anywhere? I live not far from that area and it can be 6 miles plus down long windy country roads that are more like tracks between villages, and probably 10 miles between public toilets.

Yesterday I learnt that wicks has a for more current selection of colours than any of the other lines I've seen. That race week fucks up everything, from trying to get to the supermarket to your otherwise friendly local pub. The entire town seems to be sponsored by the racing post - they've taken over the chippy at the train station!!! It's totally bizarre!
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    But where in that report does it say he actually shit anywhere? !
    Binman disciplined after defecating in resident's driveway
    In the title.
    Today I learnt, that if Fiend becomes a doctor...I should stay as far away as possible
    That a nice mattress really is worth the extra dosh. Also that double mattress protectors don't properly fit an ikea double :-P
    Ikea have different sizing as they use European sizing not UK sizing. That's worth learning too ;)

Today I learned that the little shack in the square outside work does an amazing bacon butty and that it was cheaper than the crappy sandwich from Oop North.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I learned from CAB and Shelter that we've got a LOT of changes to make on TheSite in relation to new universal credit.
    Universal credit scares me. As does PIP. Infact David Cameron scares me, it feels like next he'll be rounding up the disabled and out of work and sending them off to death camps.
    I learnt that even if I'm not in college, or have a fancy job, I'm still making a difference to people! :)
    That hot specsavers guy has a girlfriend :(
  • Starry nightStarry night Posts: 674 Incredible Poster
    Laughter is the best medicine.
    That Becki becomes rather excited and hyper when we plan days out haha
    That big data is quite amazing! (ie just been reading a book about it)
  • Starry nightStarry night Posts: 674 Incredible Poster
    The source of the River Nile is not necessarily Lake Victoria
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Today I learnt what 'Two seeds in one pot' meant, and that you shouldn't tell your Psychology teacher, our group is names 'Two seeds in one pot' - Gotta love my friends :P Everyone laughed at me - Evil :P
    Dogs don't like banana's.
    Dogs don't like banana's.

My dog loves bananas
    Ballerina wrote: »
    My dog loves bananas

Really? All 3 of mine sniffed the bit I dropped on the floor and walked away... and normally they eat anything!
    **helen** wrote: »
    I learned from CAB and Shelter that we've got a LOT of changes to make on TheSite in relation to new universal credit.

You do. Reckon you should be talking to CP.AG. They're not very far from you after all. Shelter are morons.

I learned that I think I love my girlfriend but that I really don't think I should tell her yet.

I also learned that I fucking love living in London.
    Really? All 3 of mine sniffed the bit I dropped on the floor and walked away... and normally they eat anything!
    She is a bit of an odd one though, her favourite treat is raw brussel sprouts or carrots.