Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ketamine

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondering what everyone's experiences are of it? Spent the past 48 hours fucked out my face on K... and I can't remember so much stuff that's happened. Like.... One minute I was at a party, the next I was walking back to the boyfriends and I have no memory of leaving the party at all?

This is the first time I've done large amounts of ket, so I'm not entirely sure what it's supposed to do. I'm spaced like an astronaut right now and my face is numb.

So yea... the whole not remembering thing? Is that normal on K? Anyone got any experience with doing it?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sorry guys I really need to stop posting things while wasted. Any information about ket would be much appreciated though, I've read about it on drug scope but first-hand experiences are always more reliable I find.

I'm honestly not sure how much is safe to do, how it interacts with anti-psychs etc.
    Ket can be horrific for your insides. Someone I know through a friend, abuses this stuff so much she can't hold a piss in for longer than half an hour. Destroys your bladder, it will crystallise inside it. After too much abuse you can piss out 'ket crystals' that have been forming in your bladder and I hear this is a very painful experience.
    Yea I heard it can properly fuck up your bladder... that's gotta be from constant use though?

It's hard to get in my town so it's not like I'll be on it every day... but my boyfriend lives in Brighton and it's properly big there at the moment. They do ket like we do meow, honestly him and his friends were doing half gram lines of it. I spoke to him about it on Saturday but I don't want to pester him, he does it pretty much every day though and that's got to be dangerous...
    its a general anaesthetic, it is pretty dangerous. Not one ive tried
    I only took ket once and decided never to do it again. I didn't like the slow mo feeling, everything just slowed down so much and I didn't really remember all of it. I didn't feel bad I just felt really fucked.

Am sure some other have more experience with this though
    if you have kidney problems it'll fuck you up right away.
    i've never found it fun, it makes me a weird combination of sleepy and buzzing and panicing that's just too much, and the people i've seen on it whilst i've been sober don't seem to have that much of a good time either.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    its a general anaesthetic, it is pretty dangerous. Not one ive tried

Its dissociative anaesyhetic, meaning it doesnt slow your breathing or heart rate meanibg as an anaesthetic its quite safe.
    However as mentioned it can fuck up your bladder, and tolerence builds very quickly. It can also be very adictive.
    Weekender Offender 
    ^^ It's still used, occassionally, in severe trauma in hoomans.

I don't do drugs anymore, my body just can't cope with them anymore. I did the odd bit of K in a club just get a tad trippy. When i did a proper 2 lines, i went into a classic K hole (black and white and the loss of a dimension) while i was getting fucked my 2 guys. Fuck knows what happened but when i came to my senses i was in a lot of pain and there was a fair bit of blood about so never touched it since.
    Thanks for all the replies everyone. Sounds like one I've got to be properly careful with! With the bladder thing is that just from long term use?

Also I've read it can make mental health conditions worse?
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey B-A, glad you posted about this.

In terms of real experience - we have a couple of stories on TheSite you might find helpful to read. - Not so special K
    Also I've read it can make mental health conditions worse?

I always thought that most drugs made mental health conditions worse. How true is that?
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    I always thought that most drugs made mental health conditions worse. How true is that?

I think that's the broad consensus but there is extremely limited research into this area. Prof David knut wanted to try to open up research but most politicians would never green light it /would obstruct it.

It might be the case that some drugs could actually help, but we just don't know. But observational studies of drug users find of course the incidence of mh disorder is much worse.

What I would say though is personal research is great if you are taking any drugs, even illicit drugs have web pages (erowid for example). I'd also advise to err on the side of caution e.g. If there is a contraindication betwern a drug and a mh disorder you have then don't do it. But that's just my 2p. I have known people who mix sleeping pills with alcohol to get a bigger 'buzz', it honestly does just seem like a race to the bottom at times.
    Someone I know was hospitalised for months and had his bladder removed from ketamine use. Bad, bad drug. But very addictive. I used to do it a lot. Miss the trips but would never consider it now I know what it can do to you. If you want to trip acid is harder to gey but way better. But you can get flashbacks if you over use it. I have had a handful of experiences on acid and the trips were amazing, because ket mongs you but acid you stay lucid.
    Acid is fairly easy to get round my ends. I don't much enjoy it or 25i though, last time I had a trip I was still tripping on my way to school and it was nasty. I haven't done anything for a couple of weeks as I started to get ill again... going to try and stay away from everything till my gcses are over I think. Not quite sure if I'll be able to though :/
    Well you should do your best. Your exams are important and drugs will only serve to hinder your performance. I'd also say at the age you are try and reign back the drug use. A bit of recreational use doesn't hurt anyone but your body is still developing and drugs can impact your brain chemistry. Sorry if I sound like I'm lecturing....I just know pills contributed to a long depression I had after several months of over doing it.
    I know don't worry, my dads a substance misuse advisor for under 21's, when things got really bad (when I was on 5+ grams of meow a day, every day) I told him and he's helped me through it. His advice is stay away from it all till I'm 18, because as you say my body is still developing and also I have quite serious mental health problems.

It's getting a lot better, and I am starting to be able to use drugs recreationally opposed to dependently :) Thank you for your advice x