Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ideas

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I need ideas what i could do to fun-raise money for a chartiy

any ideas please share that be great thanks

Comments

• ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    Well there's the usual like raffles/ tombolas, sponsored silences and bake sales.

You could hold a charity auction, get everyone to pay a small fee for selling their stuff and then they keep whatever the item makes, or no fee if someone donates items for the auction and all the money goes to charity.

Game stalls like cans, coconut shy, get all the balls from one box to the other quicker than anyone else, home made items/ cards for sale, karaoke night, family day with lots of games/ competitions and activities. -I did a fun day and got the community hall for nothing because it was for charity.

competition for pupils. -You could get in touch with local schools and ask if they would like to take part in a competition, with an entry fee.

Bag packing Ask a supermarket if you and some friends can help pack bags for customers, with your donation buckets at hand of course.

Pub quiz night.

Stand up/ open mic night.

You might find some ideas in "Any fitness tips and fundraising ideas for charity!? thread" -I think it's in anything goes. Hope that helps. xx
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Reena wrote: »
    Bag packing

This does my fucking head in. Every Saturday at our Sainsburys' they have some charity doing it. They don't know how to pack. When you politely refuse they get arsey and they're forever in the fucking way when you're trying to pack your own stuff.