Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anal fingering

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Recently, I've decided that I want to try masturbation with a finger in my arse. I am a girl, and I know I don't have a prostate so it won't be as good, but I'm generally curious. The problem is I have no idea how to go about it! I've done some research and all I've learned is that the rectum is actually rather clean. I also contacted in a thread on TheSite and they suggested buying KY Jelly for a lubricant (as I am 14 and too nervous/probably too young also, to buy proper lube and toys)(TheSite also said that it's not too young for me to be exploring this also btw). I'm thinking of telling a close friend to buy it for me as my mum doesn't like me shopping on my own, and I have a social problem which pretty much stops me buying things myself anyway. Of course I have to be given more problems along with this. Most often I have to masturbate late at night when my family is asleep, as I'm never really alone in my house. I also don't know what preparation steps I'd need to take. Should I shower first? Cut my nails? How should I actually go about doing the job?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! And please don't think this is weird or anything, I'm sure it's normal for girls wanting to try it, right?

Comments

• Options
    I'm 15, I have toys and lube. They're easy to get hold of :) You should be able to get lube from your local sexual health clinic, for free, or you can buy it from boots or superdrug. It will be in the same section as condoms and pregnancy tests.

Make sure your fingers clean and your nails are short. Also, if you're fingers been in your anus make sure you wash it if you want to then put it in your vagina. Bacteria from the anus can cause infections in the vajay!
  • Options
    Forgot to say, you might feel more comfortable masturbating in the bath, it's worth a try :) Less worry about the whole cleaning issues that way!
  • Options
    We do actually have a prostate! Look here

Definately clean and cut nails, start slowly - if it hurts come back a bit and more lube than you ever think you'll need!
  • Options
    you dont need any preparation. If you want to explore your own body, just do it. Stop when it hurts. Carry on when it feels good.
  • Options
    Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
    Well she does need preparation because not using lube and having long nails can result in tearing.
  • Options
    who needs lube to stick a finger up their arse? You do shits bigger than that id hope?

yeah, cut jaggy nails, but tbh, the "if it hurts, stop, probably covers that". There is a risk of tearing, but its also not made of tissue paper
  • Options
    it can be uncomfortable without the lube, the lube makes it more pleasurable. are you retarded?
  • Options
    Really lube is only necessary if you're going for something bigger than a finger. If you're using several fingers or toys or a penis up there then you need lube, otherwise it can get a bit sore. But for one finger you really shouldn't need lube, you just need to be relaxed when you're doing it.

Tearing is a risk when you're not in control of the speed and depth, usually when someone else is fingering you anally or if they're fucking you. But if you're sticking your own finger up your own bum you really shouldn't tear yourself if you're sensible and stop when it feels uncomfortable.

Annarrr!, if anyone is retarded I'd say you were. Don't go around patronising people who know far more about far more than you do :)
  • Options
    Some great advice being offered here, but can we stay on topic rather than hurling nasty words at each other please :d
  • Options
    Annarrr!, if anyone is retarded I'd say you were. Don't go around patronising people who know far more about far more than you do :)

HAHA and I'm patronising?! Loooool
  • Options
    Annaarrr!! wrote: »
    HAHA and I'm patronising?! Loooool

Take it easy. Arctic Roll does have a point, SuzyCreamCheese has probably forgotten more about kinky sex than any of the rest of us are ever going to know.

He does lack a little bit of diplomacy, but you do have to remember that you're approximately 16, and that Arctic Roll and SuzyCreamCheese are adults who've been around the block more times than you've had anal sex. They know what they're talking about, and stay on TheSite to pass on their wealth of experience, that they do is appreciated, the super-mods can't be everywhere and the boards model relies a great deal on peer-to-peer support and advice.

For the record, I've never put anything up my bum, but I do MASSIVE shits, and would be surprised if I couldn't get a finger in there without lube if I was in the mood for it.
  • Options
    im more of the inclination that this isnt actually written by a 14 year old girl wanting people to describe tips and details on how to stick her teenage finger up her bum while wanking though.
  • Options
    im more of the inclination that this isnt actually written by a 14 year old girl wanting people to describe tips and details on how to stick her teenage finger up her bum while wanking though.

That may be your inclination but it's also more than possible that this is a very brave 14 year old posting about a really personal issue and if that's the case then we're here to support her :yes:

Deadsummer, essentially everyone has given you the same advice here which is to take it slowly, have a go, and stop if it's painful.

If you're after some confidential advice you can also contact askBrook via text or email - they offer sex and relationships info for anyone under 25 :)
  • Options
    how much support does someone need to have a wank?

We are here for you OP
  • Options
    :lol:

Now now Suzy. I'm happy to support her all the way ;-)