Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Nose Destruction

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Something i've always wondered, but only ever been answered by people completely out of their tits on drugs, or drug dealers. Not exactly the best source of good advice.

I always find after having a drug session, my nose is always blocked, dripping with a very thing liquid (like snot but watery) and I constantly have to blow it, and wipe it. It's very
annoying. I never used to get this problem.

But even when only doing half a gram, my nose is just like falling off ><
Anything i can do to stop it?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't know how to stop it, but sniffing a drip of water should help.
  • Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
    You could not do the drugs in the first place. I'm afraid my advice is limited though I can relate as I'm suffering from a bad cold at the moment which has also led to the destruction of my nose as I had to resort to kitchen paper due to a lack of tissues in the house. Hope this was helpful.

Seriously now, have you tried decongestant tablets? They help runny and blocked noses so could help with this
    I think it's called a 'Columbian cold' cos some of the girls used to come in with them to the hospital unit I was in. Not that that helps at all, just I thought it was a funny name.
    I get the runny nose also after I use too much G.

I notice it happen with me also, and it does suck. It feels at times like, no matter how much I blow my nose, it feels as though its still stuffed. And the liquid like fluid has the taste of what it is Ive used also. I dont know what the term for it would be, but its annoying to say the least.
    dont snort stuff
    LOL yeah you can say that.

For me its not a really nice feeling to have, but ironically I have it right now lol
    I think the only way you'll get a definitive answer is by calling NHS direct or speaking to a gp, whatever it is doesn't sound healthy. If it's accompanied by nose bleeds it could be serious.
    cocaine will eat your nose. Weve all seen the pictures. I have a friend whos nose had to be rebuilt. Mr CC cant do coke without huge nosebleed. A runny nose afterwards is just par for the course. Its damaged. There is nothing you can do about that except dont snort the stuff, or only do it very occasionally.
    There are many many MANY reasons to not do coke, and only one reason to do it. If you care about your mose disintegrating, then its not the drug for you
    or about people being tortured and killed, and dying in its production and exportation/importation.

Cocaine is the LEAST ethical product in the world. Horrible
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    it probably won't surprise you to discover that TheSite has an article on Coke and Your nose...

But perhaps more striking than the information in the article itself is a comment made underneath it:
    im dealing with the consequences of regular coke use in my mid to late 20s, my nostrils collapsing on one side even after not using for several months and the air feels dry and harsh on that side all the time. gonna need surgery for the appearance but nothing will take away the discomfort and the likelihood im now breathing in all sorts of stuff my body doesnt need and have probably shortened my lifespan and quality of life just before reaching 30. id rather be a crackhead than go through this.
    This is just kind of standard when you put shit up your nose. Especially charlie because it's so heavily cut, all sorts of unknown shit going up there.

It won't ever be a massive problem unless you're snorting insane amounts daily. If it's just the occasional sesh or even if it's slightly more frequent, you probably won't notice any more than a bloody, blocked up/runny nose for a week or so.