Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Family.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Family.

its more complicated that we think.

Comments

• Options
    Hey Alice :wave:

Thanks for sharing your latest post. You're right that every family is unique!

I noticed that you talk in your blog about the important thing being:
    the ability to build and maintain thoughtful, meaningful and helpful, but by no means perfect, relationships.

Building those relationships can be difficult sometimes, I wonder if you could you tell us a bit more about how you try and maintain your family relationships? It sounds like you might have some good insight that could be useful for others here :yes:
  • Options
    Yes, the ability to build these kind of relationship can be a very hard one to master. I find that developing these lifelong relationships are all about trust and mutual care. For example, you cannot trust someone who constantly lies, or lets you down, just as it is difficult to continually care for someone if it is not reciprocated. It is therefore about being aware of the relationship and being open and caring, and you should receive the same treatment. If it's not the case, than an open and frank conversation can often help to clear the air and improve relationships on the road to building a thoughtful, meaningful and helpful relationship. Also it's really helpful to remember that nobody is perfect, and everybody mucks up, so we have to learn to be tolerant and forgiving, however hard it may be. Then good relationships really start to form.