Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Temazepam shortage? Zopiclone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I went to get a new temazepam script today and my doctor tells me there is a temazepam shortage :( and gave me zopiclone. I secretly know more about sleeping pills than he thinks I do and he told me they were basically the same but I know they are non-benzo. I have taken zolpidem in the past so guess its the same but not sure on dosage? I have 3.75mg tablets and used to take half a temazepam but not sure half of this will be enough? Plus the tablets aren't scored.
Anyone got experience taking zopiclone?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I much prefer zopiclone to temazepam. I find it more affective. The only side effect I have is that it leaves a bad taste in my mouth and makes everything taste bad the next day.
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    I much prefer zopiclone to temazepam. I find it more affective. The only side effect I have is that it leaves a bad taste in my mouth and makes everything taste bad the next day.

That's my experience. I got over it with Listerine (and not eating anythign that's orange-flavoured)
    I went to get a new temazepam script today and my doctor tells me there is a temazepam shortage :( and gave me zopiclone. I secretly know more about sleeping pills than he thinks I do and he told me they were basically the same but I know they are non-benzo. I have taken zolpidem in the past so guess its the same but not sure on dosage? I have 3.75mg tablets and used to take half a temazepam but not sure half of this will be enough? Plus the tablets aren't scored.
    Anyone got experience taking zopiclone?

Zopiclone is not the same as Temazepam. Temazepam is much stronger and more addictive. Zolpedem is just a cheap version of Zopiclone.

With me i found Temazepam the best but it's not a long-term drug.

The zopiclone you're on could go up as you are not on the highest dose. Obviously don't just take my word for it- speak to the doctor.
    Thanks all!!

I feel like I've got on fine with it so shouldn't cause any trouble. I did notice the bad taste in my mouth and I didn't even think it could have been the pill until I read this! Stocked up on mouthwash ;)
    i dont find any difference in effectiveness, although the way they work feels different. Zopiclone or zolpidem dont really make me feel drowsy first, they just knock me out quickly, but have a shorter period of working, so if i dont fall bam asleep, they wont work. Temazepam, have a longer period of effectiveness, but a worse hangoiver.

I dont really like either for more than a day or two. If i need help getting to sleep and dont have weed, then ill go for a valium over a temazepam or zopiclone any day.
    i dont find any difference in effectiveness, although the way they work feels different. Zopiclone or zolpidem dont really make me feel drowsy first, they just knock me out quickly, but have a shorter period of working, so if i dont fall bam asleep, they wont work. Temazepam, have a longer period of effectiveness, but a worse hangoiver.

I dont really like either for more than a day or two. If i need help getting to sleep and dont have weed, then ill go for a valium over a temazepam or zopiclone any day.

Thanks! I'm only using then as and when (normally 1 or 2 days every few weeks) so should be alright, I was fine with the temazepam but alas doctors orders ;)
    sominex in the blue packet (antihistamine based) is pretty good too

dont bother with the herbal ones though. Horrific hangover