Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Moving On? Am I Ready For This

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think we all know I've been on a long journey for the past year. I've had some major lows and highs. I've now came to the point of which I must ask myself what now what comes next?...
CAMHS, they have done a lot for me, medication, opening up, helping understand emotions an how to deal with how I feel... but now I've been told that it's time for me to leave my psychologist. My psychologist worked wonders with me... got me to open up with my mum. Got me to believe in myself and taught me many lessons I will have for life.
But as I come to an important stage of my life I panic that without her I'm not going to cope.
I'm trying not to rant here though it's rather hard, I have exams coming up, my grandad is having chemo again for his cancer, everyone in the family uses code words to talk about him, I just want to be able to have a discussing with someone on my feelings about this.
I have been ensured that the door is still open and my case is not closed but they want to see how I do alone...

I cried when I had to say goodbye I couldn't even hug her, what if that's my grandad I have to say goodbye to next...

I don't know, I guess I'm just looking for peoples opinions and support, this is a big step I guess but I need someones hand to hold when I do so... that's why I am so scared...

Flow.

People come and go, some leave us with scars some with new knowledge and all with memories, but the most important leave a footprint in your heart...*hug*

Comments

• Options
    Hey Flow
    I don't know anything about your personal situation, so forgive me for generalising, but I can identify with a lot of what you're saying.

It sounds like you've been on a massive journey - and overcome some big issues in your life. That's a fantastic achievement to get to a place where you can say that you've addressed some of these issues. It's also great that you found a psychologist you can trust and open up to - and who can ultimately help you. But remember that you did this together - your psychologist can only do so much and it's your hard work and input that also made it work. Like any great relationship - it takes two ;)

Of course it's scary moving on from the security of your support mechanism, but she obviously thinks you can do it, which is a great compliment. Have you spoken to her about making the transition at all? Maybe you could work together on some different support systems you could put in place to help you when you feel the need for your psychologist?

But overall, try to remember how far you've come and give yourself some credit for the huge part you've played in making that happen.

Spanner
  • Options
    I think there are some questions to ask, what happens when you're discharged? What to you still need? And what are you afraid of?
  • Options
    Tbh i know how hard it is to leave, i struggled so much to the extent i ended up worse and back at the start, which is unfortunate. But as much as it hurts to leave someone you gotta remember what it was they taught you, about yourself, hope to cope and everything else and to try put it into practice. Because much as it hurts they wont be there forever and you've gotta let go at some point and do the best you possibly can and thats all i and i hope anyone else would expect from you.
    I know its not easy and i know it hurts, but don't forget all they taught you and keep strong.