Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Online Research

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello,

I am a researcher from the University of Sussex looking to recruit participants to complete a short (15 minute) online study investigating personality and facial recognition.

This research has received full ethical approval (Ref: ER/JLD32/1) and participation is of course completely voluntary. All data gathered in this study is recorded anonymously and stored securely and you have the right to withdraw your data at any time.

Unfortunately no payment, monetary or otherwise, can be offered for you time.

If you are interested in taking part simply click the link below and follow the instructions (Please note Internet Explorer has been known to experience difficulties with the study, it is advised to use a different browser if possible):

Research Study

I must ask that you please do NOT discuss the study publicly as this may affect the answers given by other participants.

((If Admins or any others feel that such recruitment is unwelcome then please remove this post with my apologies.))

Many thanks.

Comments

• Options
    The forum rules that you agreed to when you signed up say
    If you intend to post a message asking for help from users on projects, surveys or if you are a member of the press looking for people to contribute to articles or stories you must first obtain permission by contacting TheSite.org staff.

Did your ethics committee approve breaking the rules of the site(s) you wanted to use in order to gather responses?

As you are unable to honour the request to ask first, why should we honour your request not to discuss the survey?
  • Options
    I very much apologise, I have made an honest attempt to adhere to the rules of everywhere I post. However I clearly missed that part of your rules, and, as I acknowledged in my post, if my post here is found in anyway inappropriate please do remove it. It is in no way my intent to cause contention, and as you have shown I am clearly in error.
  • Options
    Well the thread's been moved from another forum so the mods (i assume) must be ok with it, but the video in the link doesn't play.
  • Options
    I hope that is the case, and I will assume it is until an admin informs me otherwise.

Odd, I haven't heard of any issues with that so far. But then that's one of the downfalls of working with computers I guess, who knows when they will decide to play up.

Would you mind if I ask what browser you are using so I can take a look myself? And also how long did you wait for the video? It can take a little while to load at times if several people are using it at once.

My thanks for making the attempt to complete it!
  • Options
    The latest IE so 9 or 10. I honestly don't know :)

Waited about a minute tops.
  • Options
    Yeah, I've had a few more people complain of the same thing and it seems to be a compatibility issue with IE. I'm trying to see if I can resolve the problem but no luck so far. At least, none that doesn't cause an issue with another browser...