Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Allergic reactions?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I washed my hands with Treacle moon My cocunut handwash and almost instantly my hand went into a huge rash and felt like it was burning and then it did it the second time i washed them and made it even more painful to the point I was almost crying.

So I put some ice and cream on and eventually it went down, but..Just now, I've washed my hands in the same sink as where the handwash is..but without the handwash..and its caused a reaction..only a slight one and didn't last long...

Comments

• Options
    Might be worth finding out exactly what it is in the hand wash that you're allergic to, because it could well be in other products too.
  • Options
    Hey Emmalee,

That sounds like it was pretty scary :( I'm glad the ice cream helped!

As Miss Riot says, it would be worth finding out which ingredient it is that you're actually allergic to, and the first step for this would be to visit the ol GP and let them know about what happened. If you know the name/make of the handwash maybe take a long any info you can find out about it.

There's some good info on NHS Choices about allergies including diagnosis and treatment, here's the linky: http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Allergies/Pages/Introduction.aspx

For now though, I'd streer clear of that sink if you can or let someone know and see if they can remove the handwash from there?
  • Options
    Jo7 wrote: »
    I'm glad the ice cream helped!

:lol: I think she means ice... and then some cream like sudocrem or something ;)