Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What makes a relationship work...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am currently doing a uni documentary about "what makes a relationship last"
I have managed to break it down to 9 parts and for each part i want to have a question based on it.

1. compatibility
you need to be friends before you become lovers and for you and your partner to be able to exist together you need enjoyment in each others company, sharing goals and aspirations and acting responsibly towards each other...

What kind of questions can i form with this one?

Comments

• Options
    Hi preferado,

We usually ask people to ask us for permission before posting within the community for research purposes. However, the topic of what makes a relationship work is an interesting one - could you share the other things in your list and tell us a bit more about yourself and the documentary? You'll probably get some more replies that way as it will be interesting to see if people agree or not?

Also, you're looking for question ideas - who are the questions going to be asked to and in what context?

:)
  • Options
    I would like to apologies, I didn't know that i needed to ask for permission before posting for research purposes.
    Yes I will share more information on the topic. Yes that is what i wanted to see if people would agree or not and how to form questions that people can answer effectively.
    For now, until i upload more information this evening. I am looking for question ideas and the questions are going to be asked to couples that have been in long term relationship so see what they say and their views on the subject..
    This reason for this is so many people get into relationship with the lack of understand on how to make it work in the long term and i with this notion that love conquers all in mind but end up failing to keep the their partner, so i want to at least give some people an idea that love isn't easy and fun like it is made to be and it take hard work just like anything else in life...
    Hopefully when this doc is done I can share it around to help people who are just getting into relationships for the first times or the many times...
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    It's a really cool idea and something TheSite is really interested in as a concept... We're planning to have some of our own discussions on the topic in the coming weeks, so we'll keep you posted! :thumb:

Why don't you try out some questions on this community? Lots of people probably have thoughts on what's important if a relationship is going to be a happy lasting one...